Battery isolator amperage size?

First of all I have a 320a alt and an 1800wrms monoblock amp. I am wanting to run a second battery and I know I need an isolator but what size? The biggest one I can find in my price range is 200 amp.. The one amplifier will be the only thing run off second battery and it runs a 120a fuse.. This will be my first true spl build so I want to get it right..

You don't need a battery isolator. Make sure the two batteries are the same composition, preferably same brand and they will play nice

You don't need a battery isolator. Make sure the two batteries are the same composition, preferably same brand and they will play nice

How would I run power to second battery safely if not through an isolator? Just run my 1/0 gauge from output on alt to the bed where the second batt will be mounted?

I've heard of that being done on here,I've got a 500 amp stinger isolator but got talked out of using it after talking to a few people on here

I was going to run another 1/0 from the alt to the back battery but I'm prob going to get a XS batt from Mechman since I already have a D1200 for the back battery. Like they said above if your batteries are of the same composition and close on specs then you could wire them together if not then just take a run to your alt

Archived