Second Skin Audio

to 4th or not to 4th?

Jessica

So, before i go and start the build again I want to settle on an enclosure. So i thought i would run this by the community to get some opinions.

I've got 34Wx28.5Dx18.5H to work with. I think i can get pretty close to a 3to1 4th in there for two sa-12's. But of course bracing will take a bit of space. I just don't know if i should do that or not. If i do i may have to be really really creative to mount amps and batteries, or delete the back seat.

If i do the fourth, it will be right at the window line, so i can trim out the sides so the top of the box would be flush across the whole hatch area.

If i delete the back seat then i can gain a lot of depth.

It's an 87 accord hatch btw.

So what do you think? build a fourth, or just go with ported?

edit

I might be able to squeeze an extra 1/2" on the width

It does after a shit ton of testing.......

To me, a 4th makes sense if you have space, time, tools to tests test test.

Building is the easy part. Getting the port dialed in to sound the way you want can take forever.

You ever seen a 4th order build on here where the builder didnt say "well we are going to go for more/less port". ???

Ive never seen "hey fuckers !!.. we built our forth, played 2 songs, and we are done!!! vids a comin!!".....

Well, i havent......

Actually my first attempt came out perfect. 150+ from 35hz to 43hz on 2950 Clamped.

Just before you build do lots of research. Know what you are doing or it will cost you a lot more to rebuild.

Well,

Good on ya...

But, you know what im saying....... or was trying to get at......

yes I do.

I remember when building my first 4th order being worried about whether I would get it right or now. Worrying how much I was going to play with the port before i did get it right. Then When I did get it right the first time I still played with the port and messed it up. Eventually I ended up using the port I begin with.

where is that thread on 4th orders. I thought it was on CACo or something. It was like 100 pages or something. I want to go read that agin.

Archived