Second Skin Audio

how much power is to much?

hayden55

Inside a vehicle the sub will play lower tones much louder due to cabin gain , also this sub can operate safely to 750-800W RMS on a well setup system, being at 200W (if RMS) you will gain 6 db from the power increase. Just make sure you push clean power to the sub so check your electrical and setup your gains properly.

going from his house on 200w to a car on 800w means a 6db gain? you must be psychic to make a prediction like that lol.

I'm fucking with you and I know where you are coming from with that comment but that's honestly not a good concept to pass along here because that WONT be what he sees. not that it matters though because I'm sure he didn't put a termlab in his house to fact check lol.

I was thinking it like 200W in his car to 800W in the same car but yeah still that's theoretical prediction I know. Just trying to make the point that performance once he sets everything up in his car will be different to what he is getting right now.

19.7 volts huh. T\

haha. yeah super fancy like when the germans tried to do 40v systems so they could run less current and use smaller wiring and alternators

I'm sure he didn't put a termlab in his house to fact check lol.

-How did you know about my termlab? haha im just in it for sound not numbers so it should be good. I have it in like a .35 sealed box right now and it sounds terrible, i need to hurry up and make my ported box

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

I had the hfi1500,at one ohm,with my 15v1 nightshade in a big box(box rise?). It was actually pretty loud in my trunk car,louder then my alpine pdx1k. I wouldn't recommend the hfi line,efficiency is kinda crap,my voltage would drop from 14.1 -12.3 with two 105ah batts in parallel and a stock 130a alt. None the less though,it did give me more power then 150$ worth lol. I'd say near 1100 -1200 rms on a fully charged system at 13.5 volts load, Judging by my ears. I am and have been an installer for 8 years. if your going to feed that little 8 700rms +,just make sure you use a GOOD amp if your going to use cheap hifonics audiopipe ect.. give it atleast double power for headroom and make sure it doesn't clip.

I had the hfi1500,at one ohm,with my 15v1 nightshade in a big box(box rise?). It was actually pretty loud in my trunk car,louder then my alpine pdx1k. I wouldn't recommend the hfi line,efficiency is kinda crap,my voltage would drop from 14.1 -12.3 with two 105ah batts in parallel and a stock 130a alt. None the less though,it did give me more power then 150$ worth lol. I'd say near 1100 -1200 rms on a fully charged system at 13.5 volts load, Judging by my ears. I am and have been an installer for 8 years. if your going to feed that little 8 700rms +,just make sure you use a GOOD amp if your going to use cheap hifonics audiopipe ect.. give it atleast double power for headroom and make sure it doesn't clip.

It doesnt actually sound half bad in a small sealed box on 200w so i think i should do okay with the power coming from this amp. Yeah i realized after i bought this amp how bad the efficiency was, so it looks like next time when i have more money to spend, i should buy something with like 80% efficiency and somewhere around 750w rms @2ohms, like a kicker zx750? I cant imagine if i was running 1 ohm how much electricity it would suck down. hows the brutus series?

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

It doesnt actually sound half bad in a small sealed box on 200w so i think i should do okay with the power coming from this amp. Yeah i realized after i bought this amp how bad the efficiency was, so it looks like next time when i have more money to spend, i should buy something with like 80% efficiency and somewhere around 750w rms @2ohms, like a kicker zx750? I cant imagine if i was running 1 ohm how much electricity it would suck down. hows the brutus series?

I actually have a brz1700. Strange thing is its bearly louder then the hfi1500,but I suppose neither does rated power so I shouldn't be surprised. The good thing is even though its a tad louder,I have less voltage drop with the brz line. But not by far. Sundown & rockfords bdcp would walk all over these amps all day.

I actually have a brz1700. Strange thing is its bearly louder then the hfi1500,but I suppose neither does rated power so I shouldn't be surprised. The good thing is even though its a tad louder,I have less voltage drop with the brz line. But not by far. Sundown & rockfords bdcp would walk all over these amps all day.

yeah I actually kinda figured this. But, for my first system its not bad. Some people have pioneer subs and then amps i have never even heard of (like lesser quality than lanzar).

Archived