Second Skin Audio

how much power is to much?

hayden55

Just got my sundown sa-8 on discount, built my box, and im about to buy an amplifier. ive been borrowing a friends amp and just playing it off a 200w power supply. not bad but i need more. Finally bought a new truck so i can get everything moved out of the house. Running a 0.64ft3 box before displacement, 35hz tuning, with an L port, 1 3/8" port width. cant remember port length.

How much power can it handle before i damage the sub?

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

I figured being sundown 500w is super conservative for the sa-8v2

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

Inside a vehicle the sub will play lower tones much louder due to cabin gain , also this sub can operate safely to 750-800W RMS on a well setup system, being at 200W (if RMS) you will gain 6 db from the power increase. Just make sure you push clean power to the sub so check your electrical and setup your gains properly.

Just make sure you push clean power to the sub so check your electrical and setup your gains properly.

So basically as long as im not pushing my amp to hard and im not clipping i should be good?

I found a Hifonics hfi1000d and bought it. so when i wire it i should have 750w rms. What gauge power wire should i use. How efficient is that amp @ 2ohms?

Just make sure you push clean power to the sub so check your electrical and setup your gains properly.

So basically as long as im not pushing my amp to hard and im not clipping i should be good?

I found a Hifonics hfi1000d and bought it. so when i wire it i should have 750w rms. What gauge power wire should i use. How efficient is that amp @ 2ohms?

use what it says in the manual. simple.

nobody can tell you how efficient that little thing is. you would have to clamp it and tell US the results.

Ill have to do that and see what i come up with

HiFi series don't do rated power so expect less than 750W at 14.4V, it will be even less than that on stock electrical. If you want Hifonics get this:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43129_Hifonics-GLX1400.1D.html

It's cheap and it just might do the 750 on 2 ohm @13.8V.

my stock alternator is 19.7 volts so it should actually do 1157watts on the hifi. lol jk

What do they normally put out? I bought it the other day actually so its too late, but i bought thinking this will be more than enough for me so its all good, plus it cheap and has quite a bit of adjustability. As long as it puts out around 500, ill just tell everyone who questions me i have it wired at 4 ohms. lol

What do you think of the brutus series? like the brz 1200

19.7 volts huh. T\

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Inside a vehicle the sub will play lower tones much louder due to cabin gain , also this sub can operate safely to 750-800W RMS on a well setup system, being at 200W (if RMS) you will gain 6 db from the power increase. Just make sure you push clean power to the sub so check your electrical and setup your gains properly.

going from his house on 200w to a car on 800w means a 6db gain? you must be psychic to make a prediction like that lol.

I'm fucking with you and I know where you are coming from with that comment but that's honestly not a good concept to pass along here because that WONT be what he sees. not that it matters though because I'm sure he didn't put a termlab in his house to fact check lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived