DC Sound Lab

2 x LVL3 15" D2s or D4s with DC 3.5K amp

Me and my Swedish sales rep for DC Audio has decieded to go with two l3 15" d4s and a 3.5K amp. My Swedish rep say's the power from 3.5K will be no problem for two lvl3 15". I hope his right :)

2K amp feels to small, i wan't to buy an amp i can still use if i upgrade to more powerfull subs.

BMW E39 540i/6 Touring Bassrace competition car with Impact and DC Audio.

dcidea3.jpg

I participated in building a setup of 2 12" level 3's with the level 4 upgraded coils and spiders, they are mounted in a much smaller box (2.2CF instead of 3CF) in order to help them to take this kind of power, and I can honestly tell that they're really at the edge of their power handling.

I think it would be safer (and also louder) taking subwoofers that are more close to the power that you have, like the level 4's.

Idk why anyone is saying powering 2 level 3s with a 3.5k is a good idea. First of all of he's not sure about dual 2 or dual 4 should he really be going double the rms rating with the amp?

Why not a dc 2k for the pair

2k if running at .5 ohm.

Running a 3.5k on a pair of Level 3s with the Level 4 upgrade, I would run at 1ohm. Running the 3.5k at 1 ohm, he will never see a true 3500w. 2500w is a more realistic number.

Just basing my recommendation off of what he said he wants to do. To make it work, it has to be done right and with clean power, but it can be done. No need to think everyone that posts asking if they can do something is stupid, at least until they prove it. It seems like he knows what he wants and was just asking if he should run at .5 ohm or 1 ohm. Lets not get off track and just help answer his question.

OP. Dual 1 ohm coils are available for the Level 3. I would recommend adding the Level 4 upgrade and make sure you get the full 8 layer Level 4 coil.

Thanks for the good answer CJ18.

I know what I'm doing but I'm new to DC Audio that's why I'm asking what it takes to run a pair of L3 15".

CJ18 do you have the cost for adding level 4 upgrades to the level 3's? Maybe i can find the info in the forum if i look around a bit :)

dcidea3.jpg

Your sig says 2012 Psychlone trunk champ so I believe you when you say you know what you are doing? Even though your original post doesn't really suggest so lol. But to answer your questions, yes dc amps generally do well when wired down with proper electrical by those with the experience to do so. They are strong well built amps. And with lvl4 coils on the 3 motor I would bet they could take that power just fine.

Put up a build for it if you stick around here and welcome to SMD!

Team NorthWestSPL

Your sig says 2012 Psychlone trunk champ so I believe you when you say you know what you are doing? Even though your original post doesn't really suggest so lol. But to answer your questions, yes dc amps generally do well when wired down with proper electrical by those with the experience to do so. They are strong well built amps. And with lvl4 coils on the 3 motor I would bet they could take that power just fine.

Put up a build for it if you stick around here and welcome to SMD!

Yes that's correct, maybe my lack of good ways to express me in English make's me look like a beginner :) Just wanted to hear your expressions about loads for the 3.5k amp.

Last year i had five 12" subs wired to two docked amps with daily .7 load each without problems.

I know what it takes to wire low, got a friend who ran his aq20k at 0.25 . He played 155dB+ legal in a vw golf 2 with four SPL-Dynamics 15" in super street no-wall :)

My primary goal for 2013 is to play around in Bassrace 139.9 and have a nice demo sound. I also want to keep the weight down this year so i can have more fun with the 300HP V8 in my car, that's why only goes with two 15".

I can show you all a picture of my door panels which are new for this year :) The color is going to change..

553710_10151240535129438_639953861_n.jpg

Im going to use four 6,5" and pair them with a couple of supertweeters.

Last year i ran Selenium ST-350's with Audiopipe APMB8 8" mids.

The door mids will be powered by an Impact HC 250.2 who delivers 2x500wrms @ 1 ohm (2x400wrms @ 2 ohm).

I sure will put up a build log here at SMD when i got my new DC subs and amp delivered :)

\\ Johan

dcidea3.jpg