Joe X Posted February 2, 2013 Report Posted February 2, 2013 Can anyone help me please Kind of hard to find data on this subs but hers is a suggestion: Enclosure Specifications: Fb = 35.5 Hz Vb = 6.5 ft^3 External Height = 18 in External Width = 44.25 in External Depth = 22 in Port Width = 4 3/4 in Cut Sheet List: * All Dimensions in Inches. * Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts. External Enclosure Parts: 2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 44 1/4 x 22 Left & Right Sides = 20 1/2 x 15 3/4 2x Front = 19 3/4 x 15 3/4 Back = 44 1/4 x 15 3/4 Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts: 2 x Front to Back = 14 1/4 x 15 3/4 Assembly guide (generic dimensions): - The 45s if you want to do them are 2 1/2" wide except the one/ones inside the port, if you want that let me know. - The port needs 4 3/4" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation. - Setting your amp's subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested. Reference: 2009EnclosureRecommendation.pdf
boriray Posted February 2, 2013 Author Report Posted February 2, 2013 I went to the Memphis website I found a recommended enclosures charts and for the Memphis 15-m3mojo12 I found this # for two subs minimum 4.50/40/12.5x3.5x16 and optional 8.00/36/12.5x6x16 I don't know if this help
Joe X Posted February 2, 2013 Report Posted February 2, 2013 Bear in mind that those 8 cubes they specify are gross volume not net (you can read about this in their current subs document) so taking away their displacements (sub/port) you get around 6.5 net and that is what I have used above to make the suggestion.
boriray Posted February 2, 2013 Author Report Posted February 2, 2013 Thank a lot Joe for your help. I'm going to used 3/4 birch ply I got a lumber yard next to my job I'm going to ask them how much they charge me to cut it
meade916 Posted February 2, 2013 Report Posted February 2, 2013 this site IS awesome. Not because i own it. Not because i am here. But because i have members like the people above. I almost feel like i know what to do after reading the replies.....and i already know what to do LOL welcome to the site. All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications! http://www.youtube.com/meade916 Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them http://www.instagram.com/meade916 The Official SMD Facebook fan Page https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/ Follow my Tweet (Twitter) http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
bassfreake Posted February 2, 2013 Report Posted February 2, 2013 OK so you have lots of space to work with for 2 12s. I'm no box pro but I'll see if I can come up with something you will be happy with. Since you have D2 subs you will need to wire at 2 ohms and find an amp that makes about 2000w RMS at 2 ohms which will be a challenge. I'll post back soon if someone doesn't take care of you first. the sound qubed 3500 is supposed to do a little over that at 2 ohms... 2600... that might be a little high but you can always just not turn the amp up all the way? Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
Omega5002 Posted February 2, 2013 Report Posted February 2, 2013 SMD is an awesome community 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Tim2902 Posted February 2, 2013 Report Posted February 2, 2013 this site IS awesome. Not because i own it. Not because i am here. But because i have members like the people above. I almost feel like i know what to do after reading the replies.....and i already know what to do LOL welcome to the site. It's nice to see that you pay attention to what's going on in all the forums. That's a lot to try to cover. Kudos to ya! I sure wish I could find someone willing to help me out with the design question I posted though... Not sure what I did wrong to get no replies...
boriray Posted February 2, 2013 Author Report Posted February 2, 2013 im so pumped with all the info and help im getting im am going to use the info and make it a reality and now im trying to figure out how to post pics so i can show u guys what im doing .much luv boriray
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.