Scion xB Sundown, Mechman, XS Power, Rockford Fosgate, JBL Build log

There is no way I am pushing 2-3K. I have the birthsheet for my sub amp (501bd)

IMAG0748_zps30ff2ea3.jpg

Both 4 Channel amps are 70W X 4 but I have one bridged and am using it as 275W X 2 (going to the Imagine 6.5's in the doors). I would bet I am actually using right about 1000W total or maybe even less. But I am delivering constant voltage with no drop so I have reliable power delivery with plenty on tap if I ever decided to upgrade to anything bigger. The Mechman Alternator did come with all the brackets and hardware, but it does not come with a belt. I had to get a slightly longer belt which I believe is from a Camry.

• 2 weeks later...

As I was tracking down a rattle/buzzing sound coming from my amp rack I discovered that the plate under my 551X was the culprit of the noise. I took the amp out and made sure the plate was tight and it was, so I removed it and checked out if all the bolts on the amp board were tight and they were as well. I found a sample piece of Alpha Damp I got in the mail last year or so, maybe longer I can't remember, but I took it and applied to the inside of the plate to help control the noise that I was getting when the bass was beating. Here is what it looks like:

IMAG1731_zps00645fda.jpg

I also put a strip of electrical tape as a thin barrier across the flat pieces where it bolts to the under side to act as a thin gasket so there was no metal to metal contact. I also applied a "electrical tape gasket" to the edge where the plate meets the inputs on the left side of the picture because it seemed to be rattling in that area as well. Needless to say, this fixed the rattle but I have another concern. Look at these pics:

IMAG1734_zps81ab6537.jpg

IMAG1733_zpsd2ca1885.jpg

As you can see from the pic of the under side of the cover the discoloration or "burning" mark on it. Is the part ( is it called an inductor?) going bad, or is it just the glue used to secure it just showing its age? I have no problems with the amp. It works great. This particular amp is being used to drive my Imagine 6.5's and is being ran as a 275W X 2 @ 4ohms.

A few more pics to add to my log.....

Pioneer DEH-8400BT:

IMAG1747_zps0de5fbde.jpg

ScanGuageII:

IMAG1743_zpsa23b68a2.jpg

MS-8 Display Mounted to Roof with Bluetooth mic for phone calls:

IMAG1749_zps0df7803c.jpg

HAT L3:

IMAG1750_zps7d45a170.jpg

I did manage to fix my F-up I noted earlier on the amp vent/cover and I painted the insides of the slots. I am waiting for the wrap material I ordered to get here, which will be next week.

IMAG1753_zps905101df.jpg

Lookin good as always. Your system is lookin pretty sick. Love that ScanGauge2. Would love to get my hands on that for my system. I'm in the process of steppin up my system to a 12 and changing out a few other things. Tryin to get to your level :). If I end up not being happy with that sound, I'm goin back to a multi-8" system. When in March are u thinkin of comin up here? Lemme know... I'll be ready for ya.

I have found that the Scan Gauge II is within .1- .2V of the reading taken at the Positive terminals on either amp in the rear of the vehicle.

Edit: figured out my video uploading issue.

• 2 weeks later...

The ebony wood grain looks great on the box. Couldnt ask for better contrast with the white. And, that NVG box for your meters is pretty pimp. I knew I recognized it as soon as I saw the pic. Didnt even have to read it to know what that box was. Love it... make sure u bring it up here with u.

Archived