Second Skin Audio

Assist me plan my system

Achaleon

I really cant make up my mind and need help deciding. First I want to say that I have an excellent foundation to work off of. Meaning electrical is 100% not an issue. Big 3, HO alternator, 2 d3400 batteries and, 1/0 OFC wire everywhere.... My volts never drop below 14.1

Currently I have a Crescendo bc2k and 2 RF hx2 punch 10's.. the really old good ones. It sounds good and has amazing SQ but I want more SPL.

What im thinking of doing is buying another Crescendo bc2k and strap the 2 for whatever Sub we decide here together :)

Buying a cheap mid level amp (audiopipe) for the 10's (I like punchy bass for rock)

I will upgrade factory speakers in the near future after I get bass sorted out.

Space for an enclosure is not an issue. I have the entire hatch area of an 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Questions. And have patience with me im overwhelmed with info on here.

Should I wait until I find out the resonant frequency of my vehicle before I decide on a sub?

Should I scrap the 10's idea? I dont want it to sound like crap.

If so... Will I be able to get punchy bass from upgrading my factory speakers to mid lvl 6.5's?

And now the big question. What Sub?

Currently I am torn between so many. I know I want an 18. atleast I think i do lol. I like the idea of having a massive enclosure in back!

Zcon's

Mayhem's

FI.sp4

Sundown Z series..

etc. They are all good subs and i probably cant go wrong with any of them, i just want to make sure im making not so much a right decision as an educated decision.

Sorry for the wall of text. Hope im not forgetting anything. if so ask away. Once we choose a sub then we can get into the real important part of designing an enclosure!

Feel free to offer advice/opinion, or even completely change what im thinking!

You're going to get a lot of brand nuthuggers saying this is better than that. In all honesty you could pretty much choose any one of those. You can't go wrong. I have ran DC audio, Sundown audio, and Skar audio and I have no complaints from either brand.

Also check out DC audio and Skar audio. Skar has just came out with their 1500 watt line recently. They're subs are generally priced very well too.

I could imagine punchier bass. If you want punchier bass, then why not try sundown's misbass speakers? they make 6.5", 8", and 10" last I saw

this being your first it sounds like you have the basics covered. Welcome to the forum. On that note my vote is FI sub with fosgate 2500bdcp and like crandis16 stated a 10" mid-bass

if you already have a 1x bc2k, you cant go cast cone area, on the same power for more spl,

personal idd scrap the 18" and go for 2 nice 15" on that power that will handle 4k down the line,

upgrade you front surround with a good set or 2 of comps, with a nice 2 or 4ch to power them, then look into another 2k to strap

my 2c anyway

Archived