Sundown Audio

Memphis Belle MCH1300 vs M1000 alpine?

sinful7

I have not bought my sub yet, but this is going into a 2006 m3 bmw, I planned on porting a 12" Alpine type R in around 2.3 cubes and tune to 33hz after I cut the ski pass out and remove the factory HK sub system.

The issue I have is I have both of these amps just laying around in my closet. a 16-MCH1300 Memphis Big Belle amp in excellent condition, and I have a M1000 and f300 Alpine amps all in great shape also..

Now I know majority will say use seperate amps, but I want some honest answers here. since I havent purchased a sub its nothing for me to get a D4 vs a D2 to get the 2 ohm load the alpines want, or the 1 ohm load the Belle wants. both are claiming 1000watts RMS, and the Belle 1100watts RMS on the sub channel..

I find it hard to believe the size of the Belle and the single 4 awg input will allow it to produce that power and still make 75w rms to each corner at 4 ohm and sub at 1 ohm.. So I am asking does it really do what it claims and which would you use and why? I want to believe the Belles claim but I have never installed it.

Whats your guys view concerning the sub portion of these amps side by side?

I have the bell, and I'm impressed, with it. I use it an a SQ setup. But I will throw the 12" Mojo in and it is more than I could have expected. very strong amp. I put the alpine in a guys car, and it seemed ok, but had to really bring the gain up more to get the power out of it. Not as clean. Plus, if you use the belle, its less wiring, and easier to set up.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Inb4 lock of vs thread..

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

oh is it agaisnt the rules to compare amps? If so I am sorry. I am new.. I am just trying to decide if the belle is truly worthy of its claims, otherwise ill go two seperate's and forget it. But having a single footprint would be the way to go for me and keeping a clean look.

Thanks JHmeh- Thats what I am thinking also, less wiring, can make it look very sweet in my trunk. I just dont want to sacrifice SQ and power much if I dont have too. I dont know much about the Memphis stuff but have one and figured id see what others said about my options. I really want to hook a 13w7 to it, but am scared the .75 ohm load will fry the belle's sub channel.. i have a 13w7 too and that be my ideal setup but man... id cry if i killed my amp for something soo close. 1 ohm vs .75 ohm

oh is it agaisnt the rules to compare amps? If so I am sorry. I am new.. I am just trying to decide if the belle is truly worthy of its claims, otherwise ill go two seperate's and forget it. But having a single footprint would be the way to go for me and keeping a clean look.

we generally don't allow VS threads because it always gets ugly. People will fight to the death over their favorite brand and its just an argument waiting to happen. This one don't seem too bad though.

Its pretty simple. I would personally use both amps. You don't sound like you want to, so don't. Just use one.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

if you have amps already you really arent upgrading much by going to the belle. as steve said its not allowed because it turns into a pissing contest real fast. Personally Im not about to buy an amp that isnt an upgrade power wise when what I have is perfectly good,.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived