DC Sound Lab

DC AUDIO amplifier..... Which one????

Hi everyone , i need your input and advice on which DC AUDIO amplifier is best suited to my application.

I will be competing at IASCA bassboxing , and am looking to get around 150-152 db bassboxing. I know there is other factors involved in getting that db readings, like box, frequency, battery etc etc, all I want is an amplifier that is capable of this, keeping in mind I will get all the other factors sorted out.

Will be running,an,upgraded alternator, maybe XS power D3100 in the back .( I am limited to 2 batteries totaling 1400 cubic inches)

I already have 2 fifteen inch woofers that i SPL at 149-150 DBS on TermLab, but I want to upgrade to DC woofers soon , but for now am just looking for an amplifier.

What do you guys suggest is the best amplifier suited for me?

Thank you.

With that electrical, the biggest amp I would attempt to run is a 5k. If you were only burping, you could use a larger amp, but to do a full 30 second bass boxing run, the 5k will draw your voltage down quite a bit. A 3.5k would be more suited to what you will have if you want to keep your voltage higher.

If you have any other questions or would like to order an amp, please just send me a PM.

Well, Iasca s playing tough this year on the battery limitations. First your best option is gonna be 1 xspower d5100 and 1 xspower d7500. That's the largest battery option for starters. As far as amps. From what I am seeing and knowing what others are running my suggestion is a pair of 5ks. Running a pair of amps will be more effecent on limited battery voltage, but you will only be running for 30 sec rounds. These classes will be determined my who can make the most power in the 10-11v range. But everything is depending on what level of compitition your on. I know the guys chasing titles with be running these possably bigger

Edited by corona_jeff

exactly lol.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Thanks for the feedback guys,

the format I am entering is featherweight, I can't,imagine guys putting huge 10k amps, Won't it get damaged due to the battery limitations? Don't think no 2 battery combination will be able to supply the power demands of this amp, especially two 10ks linked. , even the 7.5 k, correct me if I am wrong?

Thanks

well they won't perform ideally. what you will still see more power out of 2 amps verse 1 powered correctly. I know a few featherweight they have 1 or are looking to win the title this year. they are all attempting to run over 10,000 watts. it can be very hard on the equipment. but I have seen some of them running their voltage as low as 9 and a half volts. it's all about staying within the limits of the rules and trying to push for every single water power you can get. I personally will be running light weight and middleweight. in light weight I'm limited to 5 batteries. and I'm trying to push 20,000 watts out that. but I know a few people that are trying to push 30 + from 5 batteries

right now I have a similiar set up with a pr of 15's, 2 batts, 270amp alt using the ab 1100.1. I'm using 4600watts rms and dipping to the low 11's. I definately agree with Jeff 2 5ks running 2500-3k ea will have less stress on the amps, cleaner output and wont be so hard on your electrical.

Personally I chose to go with a pr of 7.5ks to reach my goal. I will only be asking 3500rms ea amp.

Thanks guys , is it better to strap\link the amplifiers or to run it seprately on each subwoofer ?

I always strapped , and never thought of running it seperatly to each woofer.

what are your views?

From my research it'd better to gain match (splits rise and more output)

Strapping drains more current... With less output

But that's what I've read. Haven't experienced it

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies