Second Skin Audio

WooferBox Integrity

mav1989

The last box I built was only running like 250rms for a cheap daily driver. New car new system planning on running ~1200, ported. Havent decided on the woofer(s) yet.

I am thinking of doing a baltic birch box w/ a stained finish. This means all imperfections will show. So, the question. is woodglue and nails from a nail gun good enough to ensure structural integrity or does it truely need to be screwed? Because if its screwed, you have to fill it and it will show through to the finish.

Thoughts?

Wood glue every side but the back on. Fiberglass all inside corners/edges. Wood glue the back on. Then reach your arm in the woofer hole and fiberglass the back corners/edges.if you want put metal corner bracing on the inside. Inside can look like ass without having any imperfection visible on the outside. Did this to my 1.5 cuft box for my home theater woofer. Dropped it down a flight and it held together. Figured it could sustain a Woofer if it survived that.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Its not hard. Follow the directions and work fast. Put down plastic on the outside of the box so you don't get it on the outside of your box. Use a well ventilated area ad wear gloves you don't mind throwing. Watch a few YouTube videos. I was scared when I did it too. Looked like ass on the inside but it's rock hard.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Archived