SoImVan Posted February 10, 2013 Report Posted February 10, 2013 I am going to build a new setup. I want to have 2 sa-12s d4 ohm wired to 1 ohm on an AQ2200d. I have a 2002 mustang gt with minimum trunk space. I have all the tools to build a box and I was just wondering if someone could give some reccomendations on building a ported box. The clearance for getting the box in is about 13" tall and 30" wide.
Joe X Posted February 10, 2013 Report Posted February 10, 2013 Your thread may be deleted in this section, look for the subs/enclosures section. See if this fits : Enclosure Specifications:Fb = 34.5 HzVb = 4 ft^3External Height = 13.25 inExternal Width = 32 inExternal Depth = 27 inPort Width = 4 1/2 inCut Sheet List:* All Dimensions in Inches.* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.External Enclosure Parts:2x Front = 13 3/4 x 11 3/4Back = 32 x 11 3/4Left & Right Sides: 25 1/2 x 11 3/4Top & Bottom = 32 x 27Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:2 x Front to Back = 20 1/16 x 11 3/4 Assembly guide (generic dimensions): - All trunk boxes built outside the car need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions.- The port needs 4 1/2" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.- Setting your amp's subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.
OrionStang Posted February 10, 2013 Report Posted February 10, 2013 And all those bullshit 45's are not suggested. For 2 12's in a Mustang trunk, you are most likely gonna have to build it in the car. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
SoImVan Posted February 10, 2013 Author Report Posted February 10, 2013 Yeah. Those dimensions are too big for the car. To fit a box in I will have to take the back seats out then put the box in. Even then I have about 13" of height clearance and 32" width
Joe X Posted February 10, 2013 Report Posted February 10, 2013 Yeah. Those dimensions are too big for the car. To fit a box in I will have to take the back seats out then put the box in. Even then I have about 13" of height clearance and 32" width Ok so I customized it for you a bit, check if that fits.
SoImVan Posted February 10, 2013 Author Report Posted February 10, 2013 That may fit, im not sure. In the end I might end up going with 10s instead of 12s to make it simpler to build a box
Joe X Posted February 10, 2013 Report Posted February 10, 2013 That may fit, im not sure. In the end I might end up going with 10s instead of 12s to make it simpler to build a box Ok, just post in the subs/enclosures forum threads like this to avoid getting it deleted.
littlebuck1919 Posted February 10, 2013 Report Posted February 10, 2013 a buddy of mine did two Skar 12's in the trunk of his Mustang and the box xlid in (i believe) hit up Nate Futuristic, im sure he remembers the box specs Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586 i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol 6/18/82 - 4/17/12 R.I.P. to my sister Shana
Joe X Posted February 10, 2013 Report Posted February 10, 2013 Actually DC Audio 12s can work in 1.5 cubes net per sub enclosure, that would shrink the box considerably.
SoImVan Posted February 10, 2013 Author Report Posted February 10, 2013 I don't know much about building boxes, but if the subs faced up could the box be minimum height? Height seems to be the biggest issue here
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.