New battery suggestions?

So I recently discovered that my battery has corrosion so I'm setting off to find a new one! Problem is....I have no idea what to look for!!!!

Any suggestions? I have a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT 3.5L

Friends suggest yellow tops, marine deep cyclers, and interstate ones. But I want more opinions and advice. I know nothing of batteries and even question myself about installing a new one when I get one.

I have no idea how long this corrosion has been there.

I installed my speakers back in March and was thinking it may have started around then, my cousin possibly tightened the terminals too tight. I have 2 10" Diamond D2 subs (only one is running now as of around August) with a 400.1 Diamond amp. If that is of any importance.

Should I go for the bigger and better battery for future subs to be powered by to save on money in the long run? Or get something that's for my current needs?

I believe my alternator is 102 amps or 125...not positive.

Anything else I need to know after I get a new battery? Charging wise or anything else?

I'm a complete noob at this so try and speak on my level lol :D

Wet cell batteries use acid in them to make power and since baking soda is an alkaline it will counter the effects of the acid and neutralize the corrosion.

Chemistry ftw :asskiss:

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Archived