Leo1103 Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 an easier and much cheaper way would be to make the sides and bottom out of birch or mdf and only use plexi for the sides of the box you would be able to see (top and front) plus then you could put some nice decals in the box. just my 2 cents 2002 Honda CR-VAlpine 9887My BuildRebuilding... Second Skin Damp 4 DC XL 15's 2 DC 5ks Singer 320 amp 6 cap banksSky High wire 2 VM-1's OM-1 all under window line Team DC Audio Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way. I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.
HatersGonnaHate Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 didn't trippi's old plexiglass (acrylic?) box cost like a few grand just for materials? My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.
Leo1103 Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 didn't trippi's old plexiglass (acrylic?) box cost like a few grand just for materials? yeah uhm I'll be right back 2002 Honda CR-VAlpine 9887My BuildRebuilding... Second Skin Damp 4 DC XL 15's 2 DC 5ks Singer 320 amp 6 cap banksSky High wire 2 VM-1's OM-1 all under window line Team DC Audio Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way. I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.
stroupe79 Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 I like how CJ did the Plexi front wall of his 4th...that's the way I like seeing it used...I would be more inclined to use plexi if I was running a 4th or 6th order http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/ 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Alpine CDE-hd148bt Alpine PKG-RSE2 PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors Kicker KX350.4 Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2 revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2DC Audio 1.2k5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar AudioTechnix 60mil deadenerKnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)
stroupe79 Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 yeah trippi's shit looks sick! http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/ 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Alpine CDE-hd148bt Alpine PKG-RSE2 PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors Kicker KX350.4 Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2 revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2DC Audio 1.2k5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar AudioTechnix 60mil deadenerKnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)
bassfreake Posted February 12, 2013 Author Report Posted February 12, 2013 I showed him this picture and he was like yea that's totally possible and easy Those will not be happy soundwaves lol Your woofer is a bit obstructed. what you mean? with the design on that box right there there's about 2 inches clearance between the subs mounting depth and the thickness of the pipe (19" box... .75" wood... 8" pipe 8" mounting depth)... does it need more clearance than the mounting depth? and also you can't see it in this picture but the box is 16 inches high and the 12s are low on the box and the port is high on the box. also when I made this I forgot to account for the elbow so the port is actually 8 inches longer in this box than it's supposed to be. but seriously where does this go wrong? I'd rather figure out how to fix it now while it's just in planning than to build it and then find out I fucked it up somewhere. Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
skittlesRgood Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 There is a local guy here that has an all plexi box. looks like its 1". port is plexi too. no screws or bolts holding the panels together, just whatever adhesive they use. He's had it for years. so it's possible and it does look pretty cool, just hurts the wallet pretty good. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Carbon Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 I showed him this picture and he was like yea that's totally possible and easy Those will not be happy soundwaves lol Your woofer is a bit obstructed. what you mean? with the design on that box right there there's about 2 inches clearance between the subs mounting depth and the thickness of the pipe (19" box... .75" wood... 8" pipe 8" mounting depth)... does it need more clearance than the mounting depth? and also you can't see it in this picture but the box is 16 inches high and the 12s are low on the box and the port is high on the box. also when I made this I forgot to account for the elbow so the port is actually 8 inches longer in this box than it's supposed to be. but seriously where does this go wrong? I'd rather figure out how to fix it now while it's just in planning than to build it and then find out I fucked it up somewhere. Gotcha! It looked like the motor was sitting on the port tube.
bassfreake Posted February 12, 2013 Author Report Posted February 12, 2013 There is a local guy here that has an all plexi box. looks like its 1". port is plexi too. no screws or bolts holding the panels together, just whatever adhesive they use. He's had it for years. so it's possible and it does look pretty cool, just hurts the wallet pretty good. yea. when I do this setup I'll be basically doing a COMPLETE upgrade of my entire system and stuff so it's gna hurt the wallet no matter what I do... but I'm more worried about hurting my space lol I'm workin with a trunk and the size that I've got this box at right now is really the biggest I can possibly make it and actually be able to put it in my trunk and take it out without taking it apart... litterally an inch taller and it won't clear because of the speakers mounted behind my seat that come out into my trunk... an inch deeper and I won't be able to get it in the hole... getting this box in the hole will probably already take at least 2 people just cuz of the weight and size of it will make it really awkward to maneuver around (2 x 22lb subs plus at least 15-20lbs of MDF) Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
bassfreake Posted February 12, 2013 Author Report Posted February 12, 2013 I showed him this picture and he was like yea that's totally possible and easy Those will not be happy soundwaves lol Your woofer is a bit obstructed. what you mean? with the design on that box right there there's about 2 inches clearance between the subs mounting depth and the thickness of the pipe (19" box... .75" wood... 8" pipe 8" mounting depth)... does it need more clearance than the mounting depth? and also you can't see it in this picture but the box is 16 inches high and the 12s are low on the box and the port is high on the box. also when I made this I forgot to account for the elbow so the port is actually 8 inches longer in this box than it's supposed to be. but seriously where does this go wrong? I'd rather figure out how to fix it now while it's just in planning than to build it and then find out I fucked it up somewhere. Gotcha! It looked like the motor was sitting on the port tube. lol oh naw I made sure there was at least a little bit of clearance though till I mocked it up there was a little less than I first thought cuz I forgot to factor in thickness of the box would distort how deep the port would actually sit so instead of the port being 19" deep in the box it's 18.25" plus the thickness of the elbow would probably put it to about 18... but that still leaves at least 2 inches clearance even if the port and the subs were right on top of eachother and with them being slightly skewed from eachother I figured that would leave plenty of room for air to circulate and get to the port... lol this box is also tuned to like sub 30Hz (I think it came out to like 29.6 or something like that on torres) so once I get a listen to it and see how it sounds I will probably wind up pulling some of the pipe out I just figured it would be better to start low and I can cut if I need to then to start high and if I want lower I gotta buy a whole new piece of pipe yano? Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.