Sundown Audio

Amp went protect mode no more music

ThreehundredC

I have a Problem with my Hifonics(!wait don't leave lol) Amp for my highs its the Zeus 2000.4 Just got it right before Christmas time and have used it since January til about 2 weeks ago..

First the amp is in my Chrysler 300C in the trunk spare tire well but with no "lid on it " it ran 4 American bass 6.5 8ohms 2 and 2 on the channels played nice n loud sounded good,got my selenium 8s in and built a little enclosure for them and swapped the 4 for the 2 8s ran those one on each 1,2 channels after a few weeks of play it is in protect and doesn't "reset when u take the power wire out ,All good 4g wire , the Bass amp still plays the subs but i have Zero highs , so since the other amp was working i used those power and ground to see if maybe the wires were messed up and still powered up and Red protection light instead of green Power, no speakers connected still does it,How could she be brought back to life

unhook the speakers from the amp and then try powering it up. if its still in protect... it's probably hosed.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I have a Problem with my Hifonics(!wait don't leave lol)

LMFO! This made my day man! Run the amp standalone.

unhook the speakers from the amp and then try powering it up. if its still in protect... it's probably hosed.

I THINK he said he did that, but what he wrote is extraordinarily difficult to read and understand.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I THINK he said he did that, but what he wrote is extraordinarily difficult to read and understand.

whoops, ya I see it. zombie at work today...

yep, its probably hosed. only other test would be to take it out of the car and hook up the amp to a battery or power supply.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

I'll reserve my comments. sorry you need a new amp.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

repair will likely be $100+ unless you find someone local.

Archived