High sq 6x9?

Antonio Moore

I'm currently running RF t1 6x9 there loud and clear but I have a lot more power (200rms) I could be using

Just want some suggestion on really good 6x9 not looking for much bass from these.

I'm aware that I could add 2 more sets of speakers but I would have to modify I don't want to modify so yeah.

I use to really like the Boston Acoustics 6x9s ... Sounded Awesome, but not sure where you can find them ...

What kind of amplification are we talking about here ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

SQ Doesn't revolve around a lot more power. The more you push a driver, the more chance it will have distortion.

No Sir ... I'm running over 600 watts on my components ... trashy input signal or bad battery voltage feeding the amplifier may cause this, but not raw amplifier power ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Well a component speaker ia aslways going to have more adjustments in freq to sound better. Hell RF use to make comp 6x9 back in the day but the round components won over. You just have to figure out what your gaol is...SQ or SPL.

Be sure to listen to Cablguy !

My apologies Sir ... Wasn't meant to discredit you in any way.

when installed correctly, 6x9s work really well, sound good, and in most cases ... handle gobs of power.

Most people go to components because of easier installation practices ...

My dads truck has a pair of old school pioneer 6x9s on a pioneer amp (system has been installed for over 25 years) and sounds great and gets fairly loud too ... he loves his country music ...

Honnestly, If I could run 6x9s in my SQ setup ... I would, no question about it.

Be sure to listen to Cablguy !

My apologies Sir ... Wasn't meant to discredit you in any way.

when installed correctly, 6x9s work really well, sound good, and in most cases ... handle gobs of power.

Most people go to components because of easier installation practices ...

My dads truck has a pair of old school pioneer 6x9s on a pioneer amp (system has been installed for over 25 years) and sounds great and gets fairly loud too ... he loves his country music ...

Honnestly, If I could run 6x9s in my SQ setup ... I would, no question about it.

I only meant to say you know what you're talking about so your advice wouldn't be ignored :)

I'm gonna hate

Archived