center console tips?

Rockford96

im planning on building a center console in my truck when it warms up here and was jut looking if there is any tips or tricks im good at wood working i just want it as oem looking as possible basically im just wondering those that have done it is there anything i should be doing or or know before. im not putting subs or anything in it yet my truck has no cup holders so thats the main reason im gonna do it, thanks guys in advance

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

have you looked into oem parts from other trucks or cars to use?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

No i havent but thats a good idea ill go to a junkyard and see if i can find some buckets thanl you i didnt even think of that

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Im not sure what truck you have, but I had a 99 F150 and took the bucket seats out of a 98 expedition and bolted them into my 99 F150. It was a direct fit all I had to do was pull the little rubber plugs out of the holes in the floor and tap some threads for the seat bolts. All you'll need is a good tap/die set and a good ratchet set to do a bench to bucket conversion. As for the console, you can go online and find some used consoles on Ebay and just clean em up and paint them or have them refinished.

Yeah you could find something from another vehicle that would fit.

If you build your own you can get a lot more use out of it... Making a spare spot for VM's or a VU-DIN (it can be hard to find a place in the dash for these). Switches/toggles, an EQ. You can put storage space in it to put all your useless receipts in lol. Cup holders... lots of options. Then wrap it with something that matches your dash to look oem.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Yeah you could find something from another vehicle that would fit.

If you build your own you can get a lot more use out of it... Making a spare spot for VM's or a VU-DIN (it can be hard to find a place in the dash for these). Switches/toggles, an EQ. You can put storage space in it to put all your useless receipts in lol. Cup holders... lots of options. Then wrap it with something that matches your dash to look oem.

ya i like the idea of getting one from a diff vechicle but building my own i could definitely have alot more uses for it and use the availiable space better thanks guys for the info and ideas

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

• 2 weeks later...

Archived