Misc. Sealed off trunk - '01Stratus *Gutted*

with all that gear in the rear you should run some heavy duty coil springs rated for extra lbs. I run sealed off setups too with everything in the rear i hate how the car sits. Very nice start btw you'll see windshield flex easy with a sealed off setup. and with the power.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Yeh window did the same shit in my forte koup put a nice gouge in the orange plastic and took part of the sticker on the back of my hertz dsk's... So much for selling them here in a couple weeks as minty...

Lucky the back of the 6.5's were just paint, just scratches. Not deep scrapes. Apparently my by9s were rubbing. Half the sticker was wore off lol..

with all that gear in the rear you should run some heavy duty coil springs rated for extra lbs. I run sealed off setups too with everything in the rear i hate how the car sits. Very nice start btw you'll see windshield flex easy with a sealed off setup. and with the power.

I thought about it, but I just wanted something that would work for now. I have no clue how long this car will last. Has slight tranny issues. The 2.7L is a ticking timebomb, because of the internal water pump that is supposed to go out around 100k, but the car has 139k and no engine work done. So I don't want to invest too much money into the car itself. Who knows, I might just drop a new engine/tranny in when the time comes.

That's also good to know, was hoping for some flex

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

After doing some final touches on the doors, I started on the box. I figured I should start the baffles.

SDC13784_zps09cf90f0.jpg

SDC13782_zpscbfe3977.jpg

SDC13785_zps80f9c49e.jpg

SDC13786_zps3a5079d1.jpg

Not too bad for a jigsaw.

SDC13779_zps22d5b2b5.jpg

SDC13780_zps245bcea1.jpg

I wanted to get my Tnuts in before I started assembling the boxes, I really didn't want to hammer them in there. A member on here actually made a really helpful video for that, here it is:

Here's how mine turned out.

SDC13787_zpsd493987c.jpg

SDC13788_zps35697654.jpg

SDC13789_zps1aae5bbd.jpg

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I plan on dry assembling the box next weekend. I plan on using some 1.5" or some size dry wall screws. I probably need to pre-drill everything first right? Is there a good way of keeping everything lined up?

sucks you had to cut the piece of the door, hope that when I do my 6x9 plates I won't run into anything like that...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

sucks you had to cut the piece of the door, hope that when I do my 6x9 plates I won't run into anything like that...

Yeah it sucked, I had to be real careful of all the wires around. I believe it's called an air die cutter/grinder that I used to cut the metal. I like that I could use variable speeds unlike a right angle cutter. I don't have any issue with hacking up the car a bit, as I don't plan on selling it. Gonna drive it until it's time for the junkyard :)

On the critical note, abit uncoherent level of ambition between the really well done sleeved power cable and the quite rough door-inlays...

On the postive note, a nicely organized and informative thread!

Keep it up ! :popcorn: :popcorn:

Don't like sharing your knowledge?

Welll.. Don't come here and grab others then! - GTFO.

Archived