Sundown Audio

3k watt amplifier

RooTxBeeR

I've always been a fan of the Zenon boards. sundown saz3000, the first run of DC 3ks, and crescendo 3k. all use the same board. I've beat the piss out of those amps, at .5 strapped, and they just keep going.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

you're not going to overpower them with a 3.5k. the woofers will probably only see like 2k with that amp anyway after rise and voltage drop and physics bullshit lol.

you can't count on rise. seen "rise" start at 1 ohm nominal to .7 then 1.9.

Well, yes and no. I wouldn't count on rise to go above your dc load but you dont have to worry about it dropping below that either, that doesn't happen in physics.

I say go with the 3500 like everyone else, you can always turn it down lol

Team NorthWestSPL

Then you would be way "overpowering"the subs 3k at 2 ohm is going to be impossible

No he wouldn't level 3 are rated at 900 watts

I was just restating what the OP said about not wanting a 3.5I in the first place 1.33ohm is way closer to 1 ohm than 2ohm if he got 2moro at 2 ohm he would probably be getting close to 4k+ and you can't count on box rise and village drop to account for anything that how people burn Shit up

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

you're not going to overpower them with a 3.5k. the woofers will probably only see like 2k with that amp anyway after rise and voltage drop and physics bullshit lol.

Well, yes and no. I wouldn't count on rise to go above your dc load but you dont have to worry about it dropping below that either, that doesn't happen in physics.

then it must of been wired lower than he thought. it was from a build 5 years prior to this year :P but his bible did go from .7 at 45 to 1.9 at 46hz

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

then it must of been wired lower than he thought. it was from a build 5 years prior to this year :P but his bible did go from .7 at 45 to 1.9 at 46hz

Haha probably that or he got a scewed result from the clamping technique we use in car audio. Seen it happen before. Usually when we measure amp power we only get the voltage and current values and can't measure their phase relative to eachother. Technically without this phase difference we can't calculate actual watts/power, we can only calculate VA or volt amps. If he happened to record measurements at different times in the output waveform it can end up calculating to a lower impedance than the dc resistance of the coils which is physically impossible lol.

Back on topic tho!

Team NorthWestSPL

Loudforce 3K :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Loudforce 3K :)

Damn, those amps do look promising! Thanks for the add man.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Not a problem man, pipo sanchez can hook you up with a nice price, i clamped close to 4K from that amp :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived