any Fishermen out there?

so im just now getting back into fishing, use to be all I would do. had 15+ setups and bags of tackle.

all my stuff got stolen or lost to the water over time and I slowly stopped fishing.

just got me a new rod and reel setup tonight, cant wait to be back out on the water.

what do yall fish? fresh or salt? wading, from a boat, pier? anything! even share some stories.

ill post pics in a few, and even report back here with my catches...

hopefully get some good feedback!

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

I usually fish at dam4. Its only about an hour from my house. I have a boat I usually go out on in the mornings or late nights if I have the time. Waters only about 20ft deep through the whole channel :)

no boat for me (besides my friends boats)

I live in kemah, tx so im surrounded by water.

my I have big jet skis(3 seaters)

im gunna build a mount this summer for the back, that will hold a medium size ice chest, and some rod holders.

I usually fish at dam4. Its only about an hour from my house. I have a boat I usually go out on in the mornings or late nights if I have the time. Waters only about 20ft deep through the whole channel :)

whatkinda fishing is it? fresh? what kinda fish do you usally catch?

We love going..

Just to go.

Maybe read a book, and let the dog run. Nothing to serious.

But, we get a licence every year, and go all the time. Just to get away, and get out.........

that's one main reason I love it, just to get away, crack a cold one and wait for something to bite the hook. and if im lucky go home with fresh caught dinner :)

Little bit of everything man, back in FL we used to go often for dolphin. Now living in New Orleans I get to do quite a bit of fishing for trout, black drum, redfish and flounder. Occasionally if I don't have time to make a day out of it I'll go down to city park and catch a couple largemouth bass. I like to go out on the boat, but I'll fish from the shore, docks everywhere I can.

My Build Thread 2005 F150 : 2005 F150 Center Console Build

Center Console - 3.2 cubes @ 35hz

4 RE Audio SRX10s - Pure Audio 3000.1

8 6.5 Soundstream SME.658 - Soundstream TN4.900D

4 NX-5 Super Tweeters

Grew up on the St Johns river. Ive got some pics here and there. We fish from my grandmothers dock and my brother has a boat. we also fill the freezer every year with shrimp.

2004 Dodge Ram

Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s

Sound processor- Clarion eqs746

Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005

Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75

Front Door- Skar SPX65c

Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass

Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS

SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect

XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack

Big 3+ with SHCA

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251

My Great Uncles boat. Ever since I was 5, we (my Dad, Dad's friends and my Uncle, and me) would go 15 or so miles out into lake erie (fresh water). We used down riggers, steel line, dipsy divers, and a bunch other stuff. Mainly fished for walleye. I would sleep on the ride out, as we woke up at like 5 am to go out, then once we were out we would stay out for like 10 hours. I loved it. So much fun reeling in 400+ ft of steel line just to find out if I caught a sheep head or a walleye. Unfortunately I haven't been able to go out the last 3 years since I have a job. I think one of the coolest things was once you get back on land, your body naturally sways back n forth for about an hour or so afterwords, due to trying to keep your balance in the 3-5ft swells for 10 hours.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived