Sundown Audio

which amp should I use?

Nicolas

So to start off I have two shitty amps, I have no money to buy more stuff at the moment.

One is a crunch 2000.1 2000 watts max at 1 ohm.

The other is a boss dd3600, claims to be a class d amp and RMS 4 ohms: 1350 watts x 1 chan. 2 ohms: 1850 watts x 1 chan.

But here's the thing. The crunch amp has 4 30 amp fuses total of 120 amps. While the boss only has 3 35 amp fuses for a total of 105 amps. Does this mean that the crunch amp has a better rms rating? can the crunch amp drive my 1200 watt system better and more efficient? Or should I just keep my boss amp connected to my system?

Does anyone know what frequency bass boost affects?

So to start off I have two shitty amps, I have no money to buy more stuff at the moment.

One is a crunch 2000.1 2000 watts max at 1 ohm.

The other is a boss dd3600, claims to be a class d amp and RMS 4 ohms: 1350 watts x 1 chan. 2 ohms: 1850 watts x 1 chan.

But here's the thing. The crunch amp has 4 30 amp fuses total of 120 amps. While the boss only has 3 35 amp fuses for a total of 105 amps. Does this mean that the crunch amp has a better rms rating? can the crunch amp drive my 1200 watt system better and more efficient? Or should I just keep my boss amp connected to my system?

Does anyone know what frequency bass boost affects?

x2 to the crunch, and you are right with the fusing, the crunche themes the stronger amp.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

I would take the crunch amplifier over the boss amplifier.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Never run bass boost. It will clip your sub to an early death.

What if I use it in moderation? Ill only use it if the amp boost the right frequencies that match the certain frequency that my box lacks. Ive read that in a sealed box its not AS bad but still is bad to use

Just please don't run the bass boost.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

If you need to run BB to bump, you need more power. Simple

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Archived