DEBIT CARD DUPLICATED AT GAS PUMP - BEWARE

just an fyi. There are new skimmers and rfid readers that are almost impossible to detect. best bet is to get gas at the same place that you know is safe. It may seem like a better idea t captain abduls do the needful gas emporium but that 2 cents a gallon isnt worth the strife of having to worry about this type of thing.

I know, it sucks! thats why I'm removing the one from my debit once I get the new card.

Use your card INSIDE at the gas station, and make sure that are legit.

I work debit card fraud and I'll bet that Utica phone number was a Bank of America representative banking you. 305 area code?

Yes it was, they were very nice and totally on top of things, I'm really impressed with how quickly and effectively they responded to this.

N8 has a good point. ... I always go to tsame gas stations..and when it crappy areas I usually go to Chevron ..not jo blows gas station.

I check the pump first and I carry my cards in a sleeve to keep the rfid scanner from being used...worked well for me so far.

Glad you got your money back.

I see fraud at Chevron more than anywhere else as far as gas stations go, just fyi

Yea lol I was gonna say, I only go to one chevron for about 95% of all my gas lol

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

When they called even if you spoke to a person you shouldn't of given any of your info just to confirm the info so they now it's you

I once got a called that I had past balance from Verizon which I don't even have a cell phone under my name

They wanted my dob, last 4 digits or full ss#

When I said I was going to the verizon office the said they wouldn't have any records their wtf why not?

I went checked it out nothing under my name

Then they called again I ask them what's my dob or ss# they say we can't give you that info

I told them then how do I know your talking to the correct person

They said nevermind hung up not even a bye

Since then I haven't receive any calls from them

They didnt ask for my SS, only the automated woman did. They just asked if my card ended with #### and they asked me if it was the card with all the charges to

In-N-Out on it LOL, and they didn't ask for any info on the card or account so I wasn't worried at all. Heres what I know, basically all the emails are fake, most of the texts, and some of the phone calls from automated machines are too.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

Use your card INSIDE at the gas station, and make sure that are legit.

I work debit card fraud and I'll bet that Utica phone number was a Bank of America representative banking you. 305 area code?

And I was wondering, since you work in this field, should I call that CVS up and ask them about this, like ask if they remember who tried to swipe $700 in a matter of minutes, or not? I almost think it might be an employee because there were multiple charges of the same amount, and who possibly buys that much stuff from CVS?

But I would imagine the person wouldn't be stupid enough to use it at their own work (assuming the low-life works lol) I couldn't hear the lady very well but it sounded like she said the investigative team would handle it, but I don't want to "spook" the guy in case I go the the CVS asking questions and he turns out to be some idiot that works there part-time when he's not stealing from hard-working people...............................

I missed Alan.

When they called even if you spoke to a person you shouldn't of given any of your info just to confirm the info so they now it's you

I once got a called that I had past balance from Verizon which I don't even have a cell phone under my name

When I said I was going to the verizon office the said they wouldn't have any records their wtf why not?

Then they called again I ask them what's my dob or ss# they say we can't give you that info

They didnt ask for my SS, only the automated woman did. They just asked if my card ended with #### and they asked me if it was the card with all the charges to

In-N-Out on it LOL, and they didn't ask for any info on the card or account so I wasn't worried at all. Heres what I know, basically all the emails are fake, most of the texts, and some of the phone calls from automated machines are too.

I never got any automated calls but it's weird and funny how they never called back or receive any notices from anybody. After that

I'm glad it all worked out for you cause it would've sucked if you had to pay it

I never got any automated calls but it's weird and funny how they never called back or receive any notices from anybody. After that

I'm glad it all worked out for you cause it would've sucked if you had to pay it

Thats why I go with BofA, while theres always conspiracies and shit out there (occupy wallstreet and all that crap) I can't risk being part of a small local bank and having this happen with no fraud protection. A company this size has its benefits, resources out the ying-yang............ And I couldn't be happier with them

I missed Alan.

SAME exact thing happened to my friend. Said that he had a $2500 Verizon bill. When first of all he doesn't pay the bill, his mom does. He did not think what so ever and just gave them his SSN. We all gave him major shit about being that dumb. With him being 18/19 he didn't think much of it. I don't think he has tried to do anything about it, maybe his mom did, but I don't know.

Here's another story about my same friend.

A week before this verizon scam, a guy came up to him in a wal mart parking lot asking him for $10 needing it for an alternator, and would double that when he returned the money to him at a local bar. He gave him the $10, being nice, and his phone number so the guy could get in contact. Well that guy gave my friends number to a crack dealer. This guy that wanted $10 owed this crack dealer a crap ton of money and kept calling and threatening my friend for the money.

A few months after everything settled down, I was with my girl and her parents at that same wal mart. This guy came walking up to her Dad and asked for $10 for an alternator (same guy I assumed). I wanted to have a bit of fun so I cut in before her Dad could reply, and told the guy, "Sure! Hell, we will drive you over there to the Napa store and help you pay for it!" The guy started stuttering and said that we didn't need to walk over there with him. I said sure why not? Her Dad started playing in, realizing what I was doing. After it was all done with I told her Dad the story about my friend, we all laughed our asses off. Juked the scammer.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Good thing you have a great bank.

Ive had my bank account locked several times due to larger than normal / out of country purchases, luckily they have all been legit purchases.

My bank would probably make you prove you didnt authorize the charges.

M

Good thing you have a great bank.

Ive had my bank account locked several times due to larger than normal / out of country purchases, luckily they have all been legit purchases.

My bank would probably make you prove you didnt authorize the charges.

If they made me prove it then for once in my life I would be able to say "Thank god for school" because that would be my obvious alibi. I hear it's pretty difficult to spend $700 at a CVS 2 hours away when you're sitting in AP Government class dying for class to end...

I missed Alan.

If you ever see someone at the gas station willing to use their debit card and say just give me cash, like a lot less cash than it would take to fill your tank, beware, that is someone committing has fraud with a counterfeit card. they get a bunch of $1.00 authorizations and one the charges post, the account is negative a few thousand bucks.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived