DEBIT CARD DUPLICATED AT GAS PUMP - BEWARE

So, I walk out of 5th period on wednesday, and I'm walking towards the library when my phone rings and a number from Utica, New York shows up and I almost NEVER answer #'s that are out of state or aren't in my phone, but something urged me to answer, and it was an automated woman saying that "There may be fraudulent activity on your account" followed by "please enter the last 4 digits of your SS to verify" and I thought the call itself was a scam until it said "press 9 to speak to representative" so I did and she confirmed that it was me and asked me if I made $700 in purchases at a CVS in west hollywood (about an hour from where I live) and I'm like no so she said someone duplicated my card because it was swiped 6 times at the same time basically. So they cancelled the card and told me I wouldn't be charged for the fraudulent ones (which were thankfully still processing so I didn't actually lose any money before I transferred it all into my moms account) and I'm gonna remove the RFID in my new card once I get it to be safe.

Now here the thing, I only use that card for 2 things EVER.

-Gas (average every 5-6 days between 3 gas stations)

-In-N-Out

But I know it wasn't In-N-Out because I know half the workers at the local one and I usually pay cash or I watch them swipe it and hand it to me within a matter of 4 seconds.

And because I have heard of this before at gas stations, I always check the keypad to make sure there is nothing covering it because my dad told me about people who stole it that way, I now hear about people who have installed cameras that get all your card info, and whatnot, but whoever got mine had to be good because he made a duplicate somehow, because I still had the card, but they told me he had to have made one to be able to swipe it.

WATCH THIS:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57434875/how-scammers-can-steal-your-credit-card-information-at-the-gas-pump/

From now on I'm ONLY going to one gas station unless its absolutely necessary to stop and fill, and I'm NEVER using the pumps card reader again, I'm just going to go inside or to the little outer window and pay.

Note: I always keep an open mind and the first thing I thought of was not the gas pump but actually just someone using a card scanner who might have waved it around my wallet and gotten my info, which is very common out there, but I'm a very aware person at the same time and I havent been in a place where something like that can happen for a while, no malls or stores for weeks, but who knows maybe thats what happened. If you're not sure what I'm talking about look at this:

WATCH THIS:

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

just an fyi. There are new skimmers and rfid readers that are almost impossible to detect. best bet is to get gas at the same place that you know is safe. It may seem like a better idea t captain abduls do the needful gas emporium but that 2 cents a gallon isnt worth the strife of having to worry about this type of thing.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

N8 has a good point. ... I always go to tsame gas stations..and when it crappy areas I usually go to Chevron ..not jo blows gas station.

I check the pump first and I carry my cards in a sleeve to keep the rfid scanner from being used...worked well for me so far.

Glad you got your money back.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Btw, there's no way to avoid it, skimming machines are fucking RAMPANT in CA AND so is Gas fraud. they get your card number, test it somewhere(usually for a small amount) then they go nuts with the counterfeit card that already have

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

just an fyi. There are new skimmers and rfid readers that are almost impossible to detect. best bet is to get gas at the same place that you know is safe. It may seem like a better idea t captain abduls do the needful gas emporium but that 2 cents a gallon isnt worth the strife of having to worry about this type of thing.

Or just have a Bank that monitors the card really well and is 100% fraud reimbursement.

N8 has a good point. ... I always go to tsame gas stations..and when it crappy areas I usually go to Chevron ..not jo blows gas station.

I check the pump first and I carry my cards in a sleeve to keep the rfid scanner from being used...worked well for me so far.

Glad you got your money back.

I see fraud at Chevron more than anywhere else as far as gas stations go, just fyi

008_zps97b38715.png

009_zps58d41167.png

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

When they called even if you spoke to a person you shouldn't of given any of your info just to confirm the info so they now it's you

I once got a called that I had past balance from Verizon which I don't even have a cell phone under my name

They wanted my dob, last 4 digits or full ss#

When I said I was going to the verizon office the said they wouldn't have any records their wtf why not?

I went checked it out nothing under my name

Then they called again I ask them what's my dob or ss# they say we can't give you that info

I told them then how do I know your talking to the correct person

They said nevermind hung up not even a bye

Since then I haven't receive any calls from them

Archived