Jump to content

Going active... Crossover suggestions?


SnowDrifter

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've finally made up my mind. I want to run active. I'm tired of having my super tweets sit there unused

My amp doesn't have a crossover capable of going high enough for the tweeters- the high pass maxes out at 250hz.

Any ideas for a crossover? Preferred budget is $50, but I'm willing to go up to $100 if it means getting something "that much better"

I don't care about line driver functionality, but the crossover needs to have some sort of high pass/bandpass option for my mids

Also: any thoughts on an 18db/octave slope compared to a 24db/octave slope?

Posted

One of the things I see with that, and most crossovers it seems like is there is a lack of a low pass filter for the mids - no bandpass option

Posted

Only one I've found that is withing budget and has a bandpass option in the frequencies I'm looking for is a Lanzar OPTIX3B. Which would be good - great actually, if not for the fact that the crossover slopes are 12db/octave :(

Posted

only stuff I have seen with high and low pass filters are starting at $100 and it looks pretty base model, not much to it other than inputs,outputs and 2 knobs...high pass filter and low pass filter...and there are no frequencies listed with the knobs...lol

18db octave slope

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_30403_AudioControl-2XS.html

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Posted

I don't even care if it's bandpass... I just need one with a low pass for my mids (like 2-5kHz) and a highpass for my tweeters(2-7kHz). The high pass on my amp is more than enough to block the bass from getting to the mids

And I just looked at that crossover... I'm pretty confused right now. How do you set the crossover points? lol

Posted

CC-1

I'm not talking about setting it accurately. I can handle that myself whether the knobs have numbers or not

I don't even see crossover adjustment dials. Looks like you need to wire resistors together to create a crossover chip or something?

It looks like the two dials on there are the output level, not the crossover points.

http://www.sound-better.net/Support/Manuals/Autosound/2XS%20Owners%20Manual.pdf

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1322 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...