Pauly1987 Posted February 24, 2013 Author Report Posted February 24, 2013 Strangeduck so just out of curiosity could I remove the center board and make it one big box? With two ports on each side? I'm sure I would gain box space and tuning would change! Just a thought but don't think I'll do it
Jessica Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 Strangeduck so just out of curiosity could I remove the center board and make it one big box? With two ports on each side? I'm sure I would gain box space and tuning would change! Just a thought but don't think I'll do it You would have to post dimensions of your box, W H D plus we would need port dimensions too. Can't make guesses at that kind of thing. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Pauly1987 Posted February 24, 2013 Author Report Posted February 24, 2013 Page one of this thread has dimensions of box! Imma go outside and get port dimensions for ya And also disconnect subs from one another and test it again! Be back on in say 30
Pauly1987 Posted February 24, 2013 Author Report Posted February 24, 2013 PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! I disconnected the speakers from each other and tested again and this time the other speaker didnt move. Just to make sure I reconnected the subs and pushed down on one and sure enough the other moves slightly! I guess because there wired together they move together idk! But yea no leaks all well
Joe X Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! I disconnected the speakers from each other and tested again and this time the other speaker didnt move. Just to make sure I reconnected the subs and pushed down on one and sure enough the other moves slightly! I guess because there wired together they move together idk! But yea no leaks all well Had no problem to start with, I guess at first it was not noticeable because the speakers were not broken in at all.
Pauly1987 Posted February 25, 2013 Author Report Posted February 25, 2013 Idk but yea I'm relieved that I don't have to re seal the box and I did it right the first time! Again thanx for everyone's help Paul
REVOofRustler Posted February 25, 2013 Report Posted February 25, 2013 Just in case anyone is interested, the reason pushing on one sub was making the other move while being hooked together is because pushing on the sub actually creates a "back voltage". That's the cause of impedance rise. When the voice coil moves between the magnet, it creates a voltage that pushes against the incoming voltage from the amplifier. So really, he was "powering" the other sub by pushing on the cone of first sub. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Pauly1987 Posted February 25, 2013 Author Report Posted February 25, 2013 Nice too know! I learned somthing! Like your name buy the way! Revo all the way then I upgraded hpi Baja 5sc! Fun hobby
ChevyBoy95 Posted February 25, 2013 Report Posted February 25, 2013 PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! I disconnected the speakers from each other and tested again and this time the other speaker didnt move. Just to make sure I reconnected the subs and pushed down on one and sure enough the other moves slightly! I guess because there wired together they move together idk! But yea no leaks all well them being wired together wouldnt make that happen, you are either seeing shit that isnt happening or your leaving out info. edit: you did this while they were on? everyone in here was thinking you did it with the system off... Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.