Setting crossover on C1100.4

Mikey Bates

My Mids and Tweets will be here soon and just a quick question on what to set my crossovers at. Channel 1 & 2 will be my tweets, on my Crescendo C1100 i can set it to HP at 5kz, ill set it around there, maybe a tad lower... but for my mids how do i set it? A bit unfamilliar with a Bandpass crossover. i want them to be 60-70hz all the way to 5khz. Do i set it to BP and that means the low pass and high pass work together and let the freq in between through ?heres a pic c1100.4RCA.JPG

You set your tweeters to play where your mids leave of

Ex: mids play from 60-4.5kHz, and the tweeters play from 4.5kHz and on

He said that lol

He's asking how to do that on his amp

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Ahh ok. Set your tweeters to high pass

And set your mids to bandpass. The dial on the right(crossover) is the low pass - the high cutoff point. And the dial on the left - the subsonic is the high pass - the low cutoff point.

Example: mids from 80-5kHz

Tweets from 5kHz up

Flip the switch to bandpass, set the subsonic to 80hz, and set the crossover(which is in low pass mode) to 5kHz

The for the tweeters, flip the switch to hpf and set it fo 5kHz

Set the mids anywhere between 3.5k and 5k and use the HPF on your H/U set to 80hz or so.

You'll want to adjust the crossover slope to where it sounds even and doesn't feel like it has holes in the music from either the mids or tweeters playing too high or low.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived