1gb of ram is very possible to run. I tell people all day every day.

1gb will run fine, but i would really recommend 2gb's.

I have a buddy who ran vista on 1gb of 2700, and a celeron 2.7ghz machine. It ran perfect. He eventually upgraded to 2gb when he started editing videos, but honeslty, 90% of the population does not need a computer with 2gb of ram. Although it would be optimal, it is not necessaryto run.

And please, lets not turn this into a vista hate thread/argue. i will shut it down.

what if he wants to use Windows DVD maker?

anyhow when your in the business you can only really talk about legal windows as youll always have 1 customer who makes a bit stink that thier xp didnt come with a key WTF is going on.

I'm not saying I'm an expert. I fiddle with them and (rarely) assume legality when dealing with xp. However, yes, in the legal world. It would be cheaper to get another gig of 2700 ram than get a copy of xp. Vista will work fine yes with 1 gb of ram. But your computer will perform much better on xp. Vista is just pack full of visual and useless effects that draw on your resources.

start> right click computer, select properties> advanced system settings> advanced tab> under performance, choose settings.

also, ms fucking config.

granted again, 90% of people wont know how to do this, but if you dont have the machine to ahndle it, or jsut dont want some of the "pretty" that comes along with one of the greatest OS's ever, then the option is there.

start> right click computer, select properties> advanced system settings> advanced tab> under performance, choose settings.

also, ms fucking config.

granted again, 90% of people wont know how to do this, but if you dont have the machine to ahndle it, or jsut dont want some of the "pretty" that comes along with one of the greatest OS's ever, then the option is there.

i have a buddy that somehow managed to get vista to install on an athalon 64 with 256 mb of ram. It ran yes, but how it performed is another story. You see steady performance upgrades with each piece you upgrade. More ram, better processor, video card etc.

I'm not going to make this a vista hate thread because I have to sell it.

Again it just comes down to what the consumer is trying to do. If they are into gaming or video/photo editing or anything processor/ram/vid card intensive then yet it's gonna run slow. Average joe blow isn't going to know the difference or know if their brand new computer is running slow in comparison to the new quad core machine that was a few hundred dollars more than they could afford.

Wow.... Sorry i started anything?

I know how vista runs on a Fast machine...

Gaming rig is a 4 GB, AMD phenom, 3870 x2 it runs fast..

And vista runs perfectly fine on this machine.. all i use it for is networking, sharing my music,vids ect with my 360 and other comps..

Aero is enabled runs fine.. never have any lag .. i just like the way vista shares it's media.

If i wanted XP i would use it... i have a couple xp disk's Pro, home, 32/64 i just don't like xp.

it was never a vista problem .. it was the antivirus...

Avast antivirus to be exact. wasted 40$ on that...

Using K7 totalsecurity now and it runs perfectly fine.

Oh and i hear people all the time, downgrade ot xp this, go with xp that.

I like vista... it runs great for what i need of it, and that's that.

razor5070.png

sadly i'll have to run xp on my new rig as gf's work software doesnt work on vista, sorry bastages.

anyhow i like my nod32 for antivirus

Wonderful thing about going to lsu is all the free software we get. Vista ultimate 64 bit - free, norton anti-virus corporate ed. - free

you get the point

Got damit get off a brothas nuts. I just updated my sound drivers yesturday and the skipping stopped. Looked like it was the software for my soundcard that was outdated even though it just came out like 6 months ago. Vista's not perfect but damn yall aint gotta get on someones back just because he made a mistake loosen the hell up its just a computer.

dancing1.gif

NatesBanner.jpg

ACT YOUR AGE AND NOT YOUR SHOE SIZE

Got damit get off a brothas nuts. I just updated my sound drivers yesturday and the skipping stopped. Looked like it was the software for my soundcard that was outdated even though it just came out like 6 months ago. Vista's not perfect but damn yall aint gotta get on someones back just because he made a mistake loosen the hell up its just a computer.

what the hell are you talking about? i suggest you read all the posts bfore putting your own next time. none of us are 'on his back' at all. nobody has said anything negative towards him.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/