Badass 8 picture. Plan for new build. Hammer's budget fun.

Finishing my Enclosure  

62 members have voted

1. 1. How I should finish my enclosure, allowing multiple choice, please pick two max please.

• Fur
    • Bedliner, Trunk coating Black
    • Vinyl (black/gray)
    • Carpet
    • Splatter paint
    • Wood Veneer, wood vinyl (Pita due to box size/dims)

How I fucked up..

had it wired to 4ohm, d2 in series. Its mounted inverted. Some how a wire came loose from push terminal, a wire connecting the second coil in series...so the one coil was left to take 900wrms, instead of 400 divided amongst the two. It did great for that much power on one coil, but no way in hell it was going to last.

Not sure how it came loose, maybe something hit it...i dont know.

Talked to SPLaudio today, getting a beefy 8layer flatwound Aluminum coil and probably d4 so I can wire to 2ohm and run 900 all day. I have 1300 on tap at 1ohm, but even in the sealed .35ft cubed it will still bottom in the high 20's...its just too much if I want to play low. So i will run 900 and hopefully play down into the 20's and have extension all the way to the 60hz cutoff I have come to like.

Also I know 900 isn't amazing, but if you think about it..the SA12 is rated 600rms,,,I'm running that motor on an 8 with more power then the SA is rated lol....but we all know SA's take more then double daily...

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Carbon fiber Dust cap?

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

IDK dont much care about the cone, it is mounted inverted, and in a 4th inverted no one will see. I am doing plexi in the 4th though.

SPLaudio has some cool dustcaps though, they are that color changin paint, whatever its called, depending on the light it looks green or red or purple, and different at different angles.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Ooh, well if doing a plexi panel I say make the cone perty, if just flipped inverted with no window then who gives a shit, anyways, tuned in either way, wanna see this thing in action

A 4th order in just over 1ft^3, who knew? Gonna be like one of those bose systems when you're like, where the fuck is all that coming from?

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

Stock rear speakers

Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

yeah i wish, but its in the center between seats and going to be wrapped in Fur...lol... I will wrap the kicks in matching fur too. I have the sealed box wrapped and it looks good.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Well if you wrap fur up to the edge of the port at least you can say you do "hair tricks" with one 8" sub, lol

Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

Stock rear speakers

Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Here are pics of the little sealed box, that will also be the sealed side for my 4th, woofer mounted the same and all. I will take off the top part of the fur, then build the .75cubed part on top in almost an upside down L shape.

Part of the current box goes under the rear seat and is pinched in to hold it all, then pinched between front and back seats, so the L shape will actually extend over the top of the rear seats, then probably do rear facing port, see if it works out well.

temporary_zps5c71e48c.jpg

temporary_zps852a7f54.jpg

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Archived