Second Skin Audio

Subs Bottoming out?

KenC210

Not uncommon for one sub to move quite a bit more than the other in a non-symmetrical box like that.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

I think it may be the box and the tuning frequency is to low causing it to bottom out on the lower notes but im unsure because i never had subs bottom out before.

So it happens only on low notes?

I think it may be the box and the tuning frequency is to low causing it to bottom out on the lower notes but im unsure because i never had subs bottom out before.

For the most part yeah

For the most part yeah

Ummmm... For the most part? What other times does it happen?

Never mind i just eliminated the subs. I went outside now to check it out now. It is not the subs bottoming out. It is the flex and vibrations on the rear doors, quarter panel, or the hatch. I don't have deadener on the rear hatch or the rear doors. I listened to a track that i notice the sounds it would make and the opened the rear doors first and the sound was still there. I then opened the hatch and the sound seemed to have been almost gone. I also noticed some port noise while playing around with it.

Archived