DC Power 320A Alternator massive voltage drop ???

Ok I will try that in a little bit with my clamp meter....

I just might take it to Advance Auto Parts as well since our local one got some nice digital tester ...

I would still clamp the load tester as well. I wouldn't trust the instrumentation on it but I suppose that is just me.

This the rule of thumb I use whenever I've done my HO alts.

1) Bolt it up

2) Put the stock belt on

3) Drive to autozone.

4) Buy the 3 next smallest sizes from stock.

5) Go in the parking lot and try them out

6) Use the one that you can BARELY get one with the tensioner as loose as possible. (On mine i had to peg the tensioner wide open and scoot each rib of the belt over the alt pulley)

You have to remember all new belts will stretch some small amounts. So getting the smallest belt possible ensures you'll have good tension even after

some time.

And most ALL aftermarket alts use a smaller than stock pulley to get idle amperage up. So if they told you to use a stock belt size, well that was just some shit.lol

1999 Ford ExplorerTeam Sundown Audio4th 2012 Db Drag WF Street Stock 150.8dbYoutube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/user/BoomyurblownOperation 156 No wall Build Log!http://www.stevemead...x/#entry2196123

Before you go buying anything I'd get in touch with DC Power and see what they think the issue is being caused by. If you should need to purchase a belt get the proper size as mentioned and shoot for Goodyear or Gates they make the best belts you can attain easily.

I'm gonna hate

Guest DC Power Kyle

Edit: I can't read. Call me at 951 602 5378 for assistance.

All of our alternators get tested by a computerized test machine so I can personally tell you the alternator is putting out adequate power.. we source directly from Denso and not junk yard alternators. Each one is tested by the builder himself to make sure the alternator performs correctly. So simply give me a call and we can go over your whole setup.

Archived