engine knocking like crazy. do i have a claim?

Well they fixed the intake. Check engine light came on a day later. Took it back. He said it was the catalytic converter since all the coolant flushed out the exhaust when the.intake went. They changed the plugs and.stuff from before. He told me like look its ok to drive on it. Unless you have emissions coming up. I told him well I need a car right now. He quoted me a.good price on a new cat. I said ok next week I should have more time to take it into you. He said yea that's fine. He said he's 80% sure that its a cat but he just pulled the code and stuff he didn't get all that into it.

That was last week. Been driving to work since. I called him yesterday to say I was gonna take it in today to change the cat. He said well talk in the am. I went to drop it off this morning car starts

BANG BANG TING TING TING knocking like WTF!! I shut down and called him. Like look man I'm not driving this up there even though its 1.3 mi away. He said that he has to.meet someone at 11A but would swing by the look at it himself after he got.back.

My brother says (hes a mechanic) to hold them responsible for any repairs needed. And I plan on it. Just looking for any opinions or advice.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Double post.. heeelp :/

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

i would, sounds like someone over tightened bolts or not enough is the ting* ting* is coming from the upper or lower part of the engine?

sorry suck at grammar hopefully you can make out what i am saying here

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

I didn't look into it at all. It's very loud from inside the cabin. It's like a clicking noise very loud. I turned it off and restarted to make sure I wasn't hearing things. Same thing. No new lights on or anything just sound terrible.

Man o man this sucks.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Mechanic on his way to look at it now let's hope its something simple..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

He says its lifters.. making the noises. Ok to drive on. I said I didn't give it to you like that. I don't want it back like that. Driving it over there now. I tried to take a video of it. Not sure how good it is.. ill post it up if its useful.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Hate to tell you this but getting your upper and lower intake gaskets replaced has nothing to do with your lifters. It probably is caused from you driving it even though it was clearly overheating. In most cases by the time a warning light (often called "idiot lights") comes on, the damage is already done. You more than likely overheated the motor(lifters) to the point of failure. My guess is if you get it fixed the lifters are probably scorched(blue/black in color) from extreme heat.

Just don't like how after they fixed it all these things keep coming up. And if you tell me its ok to do drive and something else breaks I feel like its your fault.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Well the things that have come up and could continue to come up are a direct result of overheating. And as far as him telling you "its ok to keep driving it with lifters making noise", hes asking for someone to sue him for damage that happened as a direct result of poor/bad advise.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Archived