Offroad mud/clay tire recommendations? *10 pics*

Most of you here probably stick to the pavement but for those of you with offroad experience I'd like your opinions. I currently run BFG Mud Terrains on my '85 4runner and they are a great tire but seem to hold mud/clay a lot. Where I'm from everything is sloppy mud or snotty red clay. My truck isn't a trailer queen and I drive it frequently (I have 2 vehicles) so I'm trying to find a tire that can eat up the mud but also not wear fast on the pavement. I don't like super swampers so please don't recommend them :P

Some pics of my truck for those who stopped in!!

s0WlXX0.jpg

0U6SNOQ.jpg

kE6YKCJ.jpg

u6HKTIA.jpg

BZbcg1x.jpg

ve5W0RN.jpg

8PkxhKv.jpg

2N7gpNy.jpg

3opBR49.jpg

BPGTtF8.jpg

Dont know to much about the crawler offroad scene but I race motocross so I can chip in a little. Just look for something with a wider tread pattern. When I am on hard pack dry stuff I run a close together treads with shorter knobs. But for wet muddy stuff I have wider apart treads and bigger knobs.

03 Ford f150

2 Sa8 v2s

Ap 1800d...

Stinger 0 Guage

CA Auto/ Electric Big 3

Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker

Soon to come another d680

Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back

Soon to come Pioneers all around

Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp

Kenwood KDC-X896

Memphis Line Driver

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee

Big treads generally in a V or bar pattern are what you want. Anything with polka-dot patterns like your current tire will hold mud.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived