Sonic Electronix

When i turned 14 I inherited the 99 ford ranger my brother had been driving till he graduated high school and got an upgrade. I was suppost to have been driving that truck untill my 17th birthday when i would get an upgrade. About one month ago the head had had a crack in it and it finally blew completely through, drank the bit of coolant it had in it, over heated, and blew out all the seals in the engine. Short story, there is coolant everywhere and if i try and start it again it will be done. A week after than nice incedent that happend my dad went out and bought a new ford ranger. 2006. very clean. 35k miles. optioned (but basic compared to the average vehicle).
My parents had made a deal that if i do well in school and get scholarships lined up they would buy me a vehicle up to 20k. But now they have given me the option to keep this vehicle (13k after fees) and deposit 7k in my bank account after i graduate high school, or i can wait one more month untill my birthday and get a vehicle. 99% sure it will be a 2011-12 mustang v6 premium somewhere under 25k miles.
If all of my scholarships go through I should have 20$ leftover after tuiton, fees, room, board, books, transpo cost (mechanical engineering). So im thinking maybe I should keep the truck? sell my 97 rebel 250 and moped and upgrade to a 08+ ninja 250/300/650 and have 6k leftover to deposit on what i already have in my bank?

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

1st world problems. :rofl:

#richparents lol

You sound like your set either way man...seriously

1st world problems. :rofl:

#richparents lol

You sound like your set either way man...seriously

Hey im not complaining either way. Im very lucky to have good parents i guess.

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

Lucky! I got my first ride when I was 18.(when I paid for it myself) I would say get the one that is better on gas if you are gonna be the one footing the bills while you are in school. If they are gonna be sending you money for expenses, hell get the one you like the no St.

I say take the money, don't fix the truck and find a great reliable truck you like under 20k or if you have to take the other truck still consider it. Even if you get that sucker fixed you may run a high chance of it still messing up from that mess.

I bought mine, an '03 sierra single cab but almost every option on it and 27k miles for 13k. Pocket that cash.

Oh yeah first world problems..

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I say take the money, don't fix the truck and find a great reliable truck you like under 20k or if you have to take the other truck still consider it. Even if you get that sucker fixed you may run a high chance of it still messing up from that mess.

I bought mine, an '03 sierra single cab but almost every option on it and 27k miles for 13k. Pocket that cash.

Oh yeah first world problems..

^^^ this.

Seems kinda expensive for a 06 ranger in my opinion. There are definitely better options out there if you do a little digging.

It reminds me of whenever i was little i had to have a big nice expensive mustang gt with a v8 and mod the hell out if just like my dad when i was able to drive. Now i realize being young, things are very expensive and i cant afford the necessary things he can at almost 50. Just the fact that i wont/dont have a car payment or college fees is pretty damn awesome to me. lol talk about first world problems, he said if i keep the truck he is gonna buy a 2011-2013 ford mustang boss 302 and take all of his parts that he can off his car and add them to that car. His 08 mustang gt already runs a 4.2 0-60 and around 1.07g+ in the corners.
Its a 2006 ford ranger xlt extended cab. 3.0v6. 5at. 2wd. 16" rims (not stamped steel). metallic gray. tonneau cover. We paid about 11 but taxes and fees brought it up. If you didnt know what year it was, it its easily mistakable as a 2010+. It gets about 16-18 around town. 24hwy on the way back from the dealership (I dont ever drive highway going around my smaller town of 10k). The fact that the old one only got 11mpg makes this one AWESOME on gas.

Gas mileage- if i keep it i plan to make a cold air kit by buying some pvc pipe, couplers, an S&B filter, and i can print out a mass air flow housing at school in engineering (3d printer ftw) and at max this kit would cost 60 after some paint. Maybe this will slightly help mpg, if not I will have had fun making it. Next i MIGHT get a sct tuner like my dads mustang and get a tune done. His tune dropped him down to 15mpg (with his army of performance mods) around town but i have heard of people on the ford ranger forum getting a 2-3mpg increase from an econo tune. 4 years of college should help the tune pay for itself. Also at 40k miles, it is the tune up (5k to go) and I will add amsoil synthetic to the engine, tranny, diff and i've heard of 10% mpg gains since it is 100% synthetic not 40% synthetic like lesser oils (mobil 1) that and the oil doesnt break down as fast.

Archived