Sundown Audio

hifonics desision

gibblegeibel

right now i am running a hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d amp on a cerwin Vega stroker 122 discontinued model. it is a 2000 watt rms sub. i have been reading the reviews on this site about the hifonics Brutus, i am finding they are not that good. people are saying they are underrated. i am currently getting about 12.3 volts out of my battery. but i don't know how old the battery is but i plan on getting a new one soon. so hopefully that will help me out on the volts issue. but i would also like to add another battery to my system. hopefully this summer i can do the big three upgrade

should i add 1 or two batteries?

how would i be able to get more power out if this amp to get the full 1700 watts?

or should i get a different amp?

Get agm battery under the hood. Do te big 3 and call it a day.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

inb4k

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Get an XS power battery for under the hood and do your big 3..you get a discount from Mechman alternators on here since you're a SMD member

Get an XS power battery for under the hood and do your big 3..you get a discount from Mechman alternators on here since you're a SMD member

That discount ended last month. At least that's what they told me.

Edit: Grant-

We offer the D3100 for $ shipped, after the SMD sale. Sale ends 2/29/13

Matthew Young

Not saying you need the d3100, that was just what I wanted.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I had a similar problem and decided to just throw a battery in the back.. big mistake.. i ended up having to change the front battery anyway.. so do that first and do the big 3.. then proceed to see if you need extra batteries

2008 BMW 550i M Sport

Build coming soon!

2000 Volvo s40 1.9T
Pioneer DVD navigation head unit
O2 audio performance mid range speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-6 Pro Mid Range Speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-8 Pro Mid Range Speakers
4 Selenium ST200 Super Tweeters
Hifonics ZRX2000.4 Amplifier
2- 12 inch DC Audio Level 4 m2
Hifonics Brutus BXI-1610D Amplifier

2 KinetiK HC1400R- Secondary Batteries
Kinetik HC600- Secondary Battery
Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge big 3 upgrade

they're still the best prices on them and it's free shipping. You really don't need the D3100 for just that amp though.. Here you go. http://4xspower.com/support/wattage-chart/ What car do you have? year ,model etc?

i wasn't able to find a mechman alternator for my vehicle it 04 nissan sentra 1.8l. can you guys help me with that also. i was looking for a high output alternator but the highest i can find is a 170 amp alternator.

i would think the alternator off a 2.5l nissan motor from the same year would fit but i am not sure on it. because i have found a lot high ouputs for that motor.

do you guys know if they are interchange able

I was referring to buying your battery from them,they're authorized XS Power dealer.. you could check out DC alternators

Archived