Nick580 Posted March 8, 2013 Report Posted March 8, 2013 I wanted to know what the best way to secure subwoofers in a box is. I especially wanted to know what would be best for 1.5" thick or more for an MDF enclosure. Any ideas are welcome. I am just looking for someting other than just "any old screw"
Moreno93 Posted March 8, 2013 Report Posted March 8, 2013 I wanted to know what the best way to secure subwoofers in a box is. I especially wanted to know what would be best for 1.5" thick or more for an MDF enclosure. Any ideas are welcome. I am just looking for someting other than just "any old screw" You could Glue AND Screw.
Krakin Posted March 8, 2013 Report Posted March 8, 2013 I wanted to know what the best way to secure subwoofers in a box is. I especially wanted to know what would be best for 1.5" thick or more for an MDF enclosure. Any ideas are welcome. I am just looking for someting other than just "any old screw" You could Glue AND Screw. That would make it a bitch to take it out... What I use is a T-nut hammered into the back of the baffle. Only time I've had a problem with them is if you just destroy the back of the baffle putting it in. Never really thought about it but you could also glue those into place. These Edit: Ninja'd.. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Nick580 Posted March 8, 2013 Author Report Posted March 8, 2013 i have thought aboout T-Nuts but do they make them long enough to fit through 1.5" or more?
Leo1103 Posted March 8, 2013 Report Posted March 8, 2013 They don't need to, they basically act like a nut on a bolt 2002 Honda CR-VAlpine 9887My BuildRebuilding... Second Skin Damp 4 DC XL 15's 2 DC 5ks Singer 320 amp 6 cap banksSky High wire 2 VM-1's OM-1 all under window line Team DC Audio Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way. I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.
Nick580 Posted March 8, 2013 Author Report Posted March 8, 2013 Ahhh. didnt really think that one through. haha Also what kind of glue? Would Liquid Nails or some type of calk work just as well?
Leo1103 Posted March 8, 2013 Report Posted March 8, 2013 I honestly would glue them, its going to make it a huge pain in the ass if you ever need to remove them. 2002 Honda CR-VAlpine 9887My BuildRebuilding... Second Skin Damp 4 DC XL 15's 2 DC 5ks Singer 320 amp 6 cap banksSky High wire 2 VM-1's OM-1 all under window line Team DC Audio Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way. I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.
Nate Futuristic Posted March 8, 2013 Report Posted March 8, 2013 Ahhh. didnt really think that one through. haha Also what kind of glue? Would Liquid Nails or some type of calk work just as well? titebond down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups ^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies
gotb00st Posted March 8, 2013 Report Posted March 8, 2013 yeah t-nut and aircraft cable if security is an issue.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.