Natsuru Posted March 8, 2013 Report Posted March 8, 2013 Ok, so one of the Boss subwoofers finally caught fire today while drivingStill can't get that smell out of everythingSo, about to buy replacement subwoofersDo I go with Sundown E-15 4 ohm or Skar IVX 15 4 ohm?Both of them look pretty good Edit I don't care about which brand is betterConsider them both to be some new brand you have never heard ofIn general, which sub is more resilient, and which sub is more suited for low frequency response in a standard enclosure? Most of my music is in the 40hz area, if that matters Yes, it was quite scary by the way, thought my car was going to burn down 2005 VW Jetta TDIStock headunit(2) Sundown Audio E-15s @ 35hzPower Acoustik BAMF 1250.2 (will be replaced with Cadence mono)GTMat 50mil Sound Dampener http://natsurutech.blogspot.com/
SnowDrifter Posted March 8, 2013 Report Posted March 8, 2013 Wait.... You mean... The sub, actually caught on fire? This is the sub we are talking about, not the amp? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Noel989 Posted March 8, 2013 Report Posted March 8, 2013 That smell is not pleasant lol I would go with skar Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Natsuru Posted March 8, 2013 Author Report Posted March 8, 2013 Wait.... You mean... The sub, actually caught on fire? This is the sub we are talking about, not the amp? Yep, yep It was really, really scary The car was filled to the top with smoke for about 10 minutes straight it put itself out though, don't worry The one that survived help with that Thank you, surviving subwoofer, for putting out the fire The voice coil was literally black and crispy when I took it apart Actual fire damage That smell is not pleasant lol I would go with skar Overall, in a simple enclosure with the same wattage, which one do you think will be louder? Just talking about a hypothetical situation, obviously it's impossible to know what's going to be louder 2005 VW Jetta TDIStock headunit(2) Sundown Audio E-15s @ 35hzPower Acoustik BAMF 1250.2 (will be replaced with Cadence mono)GTMat 50mil Sound Dampener http://natsurutech.blogspot.com/
Noel989 Posted March 8, 2013 Report Posted March 8, 2013 I wouldn't care I prefer skar over sundown why that's just me And you should now theirs no answer of which will be louder unless you test both out Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Azagtoth502 Posted March 8, 2013 Report Posted March 8, 2013 this thread hurt my brain pa-pa-platypus sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls
Natsuru Posted March 8, 2013 Author Report Posted March 8, 2013 I wouldn't care I prefer skar over sundown why that's just me And you should now theirs no answer of which will be louder unless you test both out I dunno man, now i'm torn over what to get I'll flip a coin if I have to this thread hurt my brain As it should 2005 VW Jetta TDIStock headunit(2) Sundown Audio E-15s @ 35hzPower Acoustik BAMF 1250.2 (will be replaced with Cadence mono)GTMat 50mil Sound Dampener http://natsurutech.blogspot.com/
Chris Hammer Posted March 8, 2013 Report Posted March 8, 2013 I wouldn't be surprised if this gets locked...i really wanna hear why skar over sundown though.... I've owned comparable subs for both brands. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Natsuru Posted March 8, 2013 Author Report Posted March 8, 2013 I wouldn't be surprised if this gets locked...i really wanna hear why skar over sundown though.... I've owned comparable subs for both brands. I don't see why it would get locked, i'm just wanting to know if one of these subs is better than the other Unless there's some kind of inside taboo about asking that question, which seems silly 2005 VW Jetta TDIStock headunit(2) Sundown Audio E-15s @ 35hzPower Acoustik BAMF 1250.2 (will be replaced with Cadence mono)GTMat 50mil Sound Dampener http://natsurutech.blogspot.com/
Chris Hammer Posted March 8, 2013 Report Posted March 8, 2013 I wouldn't be surprised if this gets locked...i really wanna hear why skar over sundown though.... I've owned comparable subs for both brands. I don't see why it would get locked, i'm just wanting to know if one of these subs is better than the other Unless there's some kind of inside taboo about asking that question, which seems silly no taboo..but this thing called forum rules...there to prevent internet butthurt and arguments....especially over what sub is better. Look at the specs read up on what they mean and choose the one that meets your requirements.. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.