Putting the cap back on and having the dealer check it out was the best thing to do. It's not gonna cause any long term effects though. The engine works as a vacuum pump, all sealed up, it will run perfect. With the cap left off, it will run as though there was a vacuum leak, therefore it would run rough.

um ... no
Um... Yes.

Um no.... So you are saying EVERYBODY Tht uses a breather filter for pcv system is having a vacuum leak? LOLOLOLOLOL Tell ya what, then look at this pic and tell me i have a vacuum leak on my camaro

DSCF0008.jpg

No sir...... Get your facts straight.

Going by your therory then my Z06 must have had a HELL OF A VAC LEAK as the alternator has vent holes in the case, and since alt ataches to engine, i guess it has a vac leak too.... Wonder if that was my idle issue, or maybe it was the 247/236 .600 @ .50 lift cam in it ;) HEres a pic of the vented alt .... LOL

DSCF0015.jpg

Edit... dont even ask size of motor in camaro, or cam size ;) I will only say it was a solid roller motor :yahoo: And these cars were sold back in 05 for the move to Ga :( and yes, i put n20 on everything!

If your vehicle has a vacuum tube running from valve covers to the intake hose or intake manifold, then yes leaving the cap off would make it have a pretty good leak. Obviously. Your vehicles don't so you can't use them as examples because they aren't setup as his is lol!.

1999 GMC Yukon, 6 PSI platform 5 18's, 4th order bandpass by BHE, Taramps,

Putting the cap back on and having the dealer check it out was the best thing to do. It's not gonna cause any long term effects though. The engine works as a vacuum pump, all sealed up, it will run perfect. With the cap left off, it will run as though there was a vacuum leak, therefore it would run rough.

um ... no
Um... Yes.

Um no.... So you are saying EVERYBODY Tht uses a breather filter for pcv system is having a vacuum leak? LOLOLOLOLOL Tell ya what, then look at this pic and tell me i have a vacuum leak on my camaro

DSCF0008.jpg

No sir...... Get your facts straight.

Going by your therory then my Z06 must have had a HELL OF A VAC LEAK as the alternator has vent holes in the case, and since alt ataches to engine, i guess it has a vac leak too.... Wonder if that was my idle issue, or maybe it was the 247/236 .600 @ .50 lift cam in it ;) HEres a pic of the vented alt .... LOL

DSCF0015.jpg

Edit... dont even ask size of motor in camaro, or cam size ;) I will only say it was a solid roller motor :yahoo: And these cars were sold back in 05 for the move to Ga :( and yes, i put n20 on everything!

If your vehicle has a vacuum tube running from valve covers to the intake hose or intake manifold, then yes leaving the cap off would make it have a pretty good leak. Obviously. Your vehicles don't so you can't use them as examples because they aren't setup as his is lol!.

Thats a rebreather tube to keep pressure from building up in the crankcase so you dont blow seals out. Vacuum comes from the intake manifold.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived