Second Skin Audio

DESIGN ME A BOX!!!

Damn thats nice. I need someone to do this haha. Im not asking ya too but I should find a program to make these before I do something stupid

I might be able to help you some through out the week. It's the last week of the quarter in school so I'm getting everything done for my classes that I should have done before now. :shrug:

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Also I lucked into my school having Project Lead the Way engineering courses so I get that design software for free. But google sketch does almost everything it does, box building wise, for free.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

Damn thats nice. I need someone to do this haha. Im not asking ya too but I should find a program to make these before I do something stupid

I might be able to help you some through out the week. It's the last week of the quarter in school so I'm getting everything done for my classes that I should have done before now. :shrug:

Oh well that would be great!

Also I lucked into my school having Project Lead the Way engineering courses so I get that design software for free. But google sketch does almost everything it does, box building wise, for free.

And thats sweet nice going. And ill take a look at google sketch

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

So in response to your response, you are NOT Meade, so.let's not make that comparison. Second, you're 16 years old, you are barely driving. How many systems could you possibly have had? Get someone to build you a proper enclosure for the TRUNK. You are asking for failure before you even start, by attempting a back seat(I realize you are taking it out, but that is essentially what we are taking about) box. What you're wanting to attempt has been tried, and some have succeeded. For the most part, it doesn't typically work, or work the way you think it will. With proper dressing from the trunk, yes it can. The thing is, if you are already prepared be ssealing the trunk off from the cabin, why not do a proper box IN the trunk sealed off from there.

Do your rear seats find down?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

So in response to your response, you are NOT Meade, so.let's not make that comparison. Second, you're 16 years old, you are barely driving. How many systems could you possibly have had? Get someone to build you a proper enclosure for the TRUNK. You are asking for failure before you even start, by attempting a back seat(I realize you are taking it out, but that is essentially what we are taking about) box. What you're wanting to attempt has been tried, and some have succeeded. For the most part, it doesn't typically work, or work the way you think it will. With proper dressing from the trunk, yes it can. The thing is, if you are already prepared be ssealing the trunk off from the cabin, why not do a proper box IN the trunk sealed off from there.

All I was saying is that Meades worked so why wouldent mine? There is more airspace in that hoe then my car. And no my seats dont flip down id be taking them out either way. And im not going tho build something for the trunk because its not what I want. Happy? All im asking for is a box design, not for people trying to tell me to do it another way. And by the way I turn 17 in a month so thats over a year of systems. Once I got my temps I had my first system. In a year there can be alot of systems. Considering I never built much anyways.

Nothing for now...

A whole year of systems wow, lets see I've been doing them since 1996 and employed by shops since 2000. And I'm seriously surprised you have gotten as much help as you have already from these guys. You need to stop the talking and start reading and researching. All these guys are trying to do is save you time and money. What you are trying to do had been attempted 100 times before you and has never worked so why is it that your going to be different? The laws of physics still apply to your vehicle. So please take advice and rethink your build. Good luck with it either way.

what kind of car are you planning on putting this in?....what subs and amp you plan on using?...these are just 2 things people should know to help you....

what Sierra is trying to tell you is that a properly designed box in the trunk for say 2 12s would sound better than a box for 4 12s in the backseat....

the only way your going to get a backseat box to sound good is if it is completely sealed off from the trunk so that all the sound is kept inside the cabin of the car...it is the same concept as a wall sealing all the sound forward being louder than a huge box that has sound leaking around the enclosure...

there are people on this forum doing over 150db out of the trunk, and I can assure you that nobody on here is doing that with a backseat box, unless it's a wall!

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

A whole year of systems wow, lets see I've been doing them since 1996 and employed by shops since 2000. And I'm seriously surprised you have gotten as much help as you have already from these guys. You need to stop the talking and start reading and researching. All these guys are trying to do is save you time and money. What you are trying to do had been attempted 100 times before you and has never worked so why is it that your going to be different? The laws of physics still apply to your vehicle. So please take advice and rethink your build. Good luck with it either way.

All I do is research on this stuff. And yes a whole year. Not all to bad for how young I am so dont give me shit for it

what kind of car are you planning on putting this in?....what subs and amp you plan on using?...these are just 2 things people should know to help you....

what Sierra is trying to tell you is that a properly designed box in the trunk for say 2 12s would sound better than a box for 4 12s in the backseat....

the only way your going to get a backseat box to sound good is if it is completely sealed off from the trunk so that all the sound is kept inside the cabin of the car...it is the same concept as a wall sealing all the sound forward being louder than a huge box that has sound leaking around the enclosure...

there are people on this forum doing over 150db out of the trunk, and I can assure you that nobody on here is doing that with a backseat box, unless it's a wall!

And its a 94 pontiac gran prix. Audiopipe 1800.1 and 4 MB Quarts. its a budget build. And the trunk will be sealed off.

Nothing for now...

All I was saying is that Meades worked so why wouldent mine? There is more airspace in that hoe then my car. And no my seats dont flip down id be taking them out either way. And im not going tho build something for the trunk because its not what I want. Happy? All im asking for is a box design, not for people trying to tell me to do it another way. And by the way I turn 17 in a month so thats over a year of systems. Once I got my temps I had my first system. In a year there can be alot of systems. Considering I never built much anyways.

Tahoes are quite a bit different than a Pontiac Gran Prix. That would be like me asking why I couldnt make my Dakota as fast as a Z06 just from dropping in an LS6. It just doesnt work that way.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

All I do is research on this stuff. And yes a whole year. Not all to bad for how young I am so dont give me shit for it

No need to go on the offensive here. The people on here have spent way more than a year in this hobby, and when they tell you that the your idea needs you to "rethink" it. Take their advice..

Archived