smelling my speakers after dd-1

The effective way to set using a bass knob is to make sure it is turned all the way up. Then set your gain. This way when you turn the bass knob up all the way, it won't send the amp into clipping.

Setting an amp and then using the bass knob to boost the signal defeats the purpose of setting amps to begin with.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I tried playning around with boost on my deck and amp with the DD-1 conected and it clipped instantly. I wonder if Iphones clipp with there volume all the way up ? i also use aold IPhone 4 for my music. I dont smell my subs but they sounded weird...wonder if it has anything to do with it....

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

again I set bass knob to middle as per instructions from d'amore I think cause of problem is with changing settings on head unit, tonight I will hookup dd-1 again with settings the way they are and see what its doing, I don't see why if steve said you can change them back to your preference after you are done setting everything

so few hours ago I turned down bass on head unit made it flat basically like when you find where the head unit clips with a 0db tone, drove around I know head unit clips at 56 I had turned up to 40, smelled my speakers again and then bass stopped, I fried the amp. no more output from speaker terminals, this is third time this has happened with this amp, ive taken it to mtx and had it repaired each time. im frustrated and don't know what I have done wrong, this amp is 1 ohm stable and im pushing 2 18 btls at 4 ohm unclipped. I was going to come home and take pictures of the dd-1 and being unclipped but no point now since I have no output from amp

how is it that I smell the speakers but the amp fries, a long time ago when I did not have my amp tuned properly, like 3 or 4 years ago,pushing an fi q 12 at 2 ohm I blew the voice coil so I know the smell but then that started poppin and fizzled out real quick as you know, but right now I smelled my subs but they sound perfectly fine ,so am I frying the coils or not

also don't know if its a factor to frying things but I do not have big 3 or HO alt or extra batteries im only running stock alt with yellow top and 1/0 to amp and it was suckin my battery hard

you sure you're not smelling the amp

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Archived