Second Skin Audio

Upgrade or no?

Hey guys! Been rolling with a RE Audio XXX 12" on an RE XTX5000.1 (2500w RMS) for almost a year now and I love it but I'm having a change of heart. My music choices have changed a little bit (Rap and Hardcore).

I've been listening to more Techno, Trance, Minimal House, Classic Rock, and Death Metal. I've been looking at loading 4 8's in the trunk to replace the 12, mainly the Sundown SA-8 v2, DC LVL 2, or DD 1508; with that said, is it worth selling the sub and getting the new setup? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Oh, I'm looking for an SQL setup if that's not obvious with the choices lol

:thanx:

if you have the space and looking more sq, why not buy something with that in mine

personal i love my sa8 but the fiQ you cant go wrong,

will be a bit cheaper buying 1 or 2 instead of 4, you could go a single 15, 2x 12 or 3x 10 options are endless

and tune the box according

if you have your xxx12 in the max net recommend, the box size would be close to the same for 3x fiq10 and would laugh at the 2k it will get

so youll be able to through more power ar it latter on if you chose

If I throw a box of 4 8's in id most definitely be losing space. My XXX is great sounding but it becomes a little loose on fast notes. Its definitely loud but im looking for something to swap with that will add some oomph and tighten up the bass. I was planning on tuning the box to 32hz if I end up siding with the 8's

Archived