Sundown Audio

hooking up two amps on the same two subs seperatly

hondarocks87

alright. im new too this site but i have a few questions. im planning on getting two zcon 12's and two alpine mrx-m240's. i already have one of those amps so its more of a financial thing than anything so i don't have to buy a bigger single amp. my question is how would i go about setting up the rca's from my head unit. like two y splits , one on left channel, one on right, and then plug into amps appropriately? also could these two subs be in the same box? or would they need separate chambers? also i searched this question up in the forum search but didnt find anything about the rca hook up and on that topic someone said to use a dmm to gain match, but to go off the quieter one. what does that mean? i know what gain matching is but im saying finding the quieter one? thanks is anyone can help. i'd appreciate it!

I will answer it in the morning if no one beats me to it. Im sorry but i am tired going to sleep bro.

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

First, be patient. You posted at 3 am (eastern at least) and not many people are on.

First question, you can y, yes, but you can also get daisy chain them.

See page 14

http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_MRX-M240.pdf

Yes both can go into the same box, or separate.

I'd find someone local with a SMD tool to help you tune it.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Archived