Second Skin Audio

Do i nead new subs

stop comparing car audio and concert audio. Two completely different worlds. These people are suggesting the things they are because they have heard them, used them, blown them, replaced them/reconed them so they have tons of experience with these brands. If you wanna know why these brands are better call the manufacturer or do some research as to how they are made(the materials used etc.). You want advice as to whats gonna meet your needs? Listen to the crowd here telling you whats great stuff.

you can't even give facts about x or y, because every speaker appeals to different tastes that different people have.one will sound like shit, but to another person it will sound fantastic.

the folks here know what they are talking about

I read reviews, watched videos and found a place that had them and listened to them. Then read more reviews and decided to buy them. Gotta balance your wants a needs then read reviews and see if other people wanting the same thing you want got the desired results out of that specific product.

So how did you all pick your woofers?

I had store credit at sonic electronix and decided on the RF P2's since it was in the budget of what i had credit for, and honestly i am quite happy with them as they are very clean and punchy and sound good over all.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

PA concert setups can not be compared to Car Audio setups due to the cabin size impact...you can't compare 5kw of PA for a 5k seat concert venue and 5kw car audio substage in a 5seat sedan for example...

SQ is nowhere near SPL...and your not understanding that...

the OEM deck and stock BOSE mids are nothing to be proud of honestly, you can't say your running an SQ setup with stock speakers I don't care if they are BOSE, BOSE are known for their unique enclosure designs that result in great sound...last I checked the BOSE in cars were just speakers mounted in doors and rear decks, they aren't in BOSE enclosures...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

PA/Concerts are a whole new animal compared to car audio. thats why its so tough to do full on SQ

since most don't know about your subs ill say they are fine. they may not be as loud as some others but I think you could do a 145 with them. I would work wtih them until you are tapped out and then look into swapping

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

realy? DO you realize that the bose wooferfs pick up most frequencys that most mids do not pick up. dont trash some thing that you only think you no about. they may not have the power or kick but they doo have great sound quality. But if you look on you will notice that i have a pair of JBL 660 in the deck to conpensate. For your info all deck aftermarket deck units are not all the best. if you notice i sed i have a pink noise mike in my deck which cleans up the sound. this is the reason for keeping the OEM deck. the voltage out put comes from the LC2I. I think some people need to look at the LC@I before they put their foot in their mouth. its not like the back in the day line drivers. PA and car audio yeah a little diffrent but the ouput from a woofer and the sound paramiters are all the same when looking at a tech sheet. If a speeker or woofer can not produce a note your looking for you cant make it do what you want. To say that SPL and SQ are not the same i no that but can you tell me Y? if you cant go on with your self because we already hi that topic. read before you post. go a head with i am god and what i say goes. You no in class when they show your work. on this page please show y. because if you cant tell me y you are just posting what you hear and its not like you realy no y. like azzazel and skull they gave a reason y they picked their woofers. thank you all for the post but dont come with the BS.

PA concert setups can not be compared to Car Audio setups due to the cabin size impact...you can't compare 5kw of PA for a 5k seat concert venue and 5kw car audio substage in a 5seat sedan for example...

SQ is nowhere near SPL...and your not understanding that...

the OEM deck and stock BOSE mids are nothing to be proud of honestly, you can't say your running an SQ setup with stock speakers I don't care if they are BOSE, BOSE are known for their unique enclosure designs that result in great sound...last I checked the BOSE in cars were just speakers mounted in doors and rear decks, they aren't in BOSE enclosures...

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

Archived