SnowDrifter Posted March 21, 2013 Report Posted March 21, 2013 I'm always a bit awkward on camera... So just ignore that lol. If I had a strain-gauge, I'd stick this between 2 cars and pull until it broke loose. Nothing I can do to it will pull these terminals out. 0 gauge welding cable with 1/0 tinned copper lugs, secured in place with a hydraulic crimper using a 35sqmm hex die ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
SnowDrifter Posted March 21, 2013 Author Report Posted March 21, 2013 This is my first time doing it, so I had no idea what to expect. My face is like "Yay! I didn't get dropped on my bum" ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
HatersGonnaHate Posted March 21, 2013 Report Posted March 21, 2013 At least you didn't shit yourself. That would have been awkward. Nice job though Chris My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.
larrys95civic Posted March 21, 2013 Report Posted March 21, 2013 LOL now that's what I love to see, real life applications not just do it this way cuz I say so. Nice job brother! Team Superior SPL Former Installer at Driven Sound & Security http://www.drivenss.com All kinds of forsale threads http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164247-amps-subs-and-misc/#entry2383262 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164430-polk-audio-sda6000-sound-bar/#entry2386634 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164279-3-michael-kors-watches/#entry2383983 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164549-more-items-from-storage/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166967-dd-9518s-amps-kenwood-custom-explorer-dash/ If someone is feeling generous I'd love an original sig LOL
mrd6 Posted March 21, 2013 Report Posted March 21, 2013 hahaha you were so nervous it was going to break, good test though! My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
Chris Hammer Posted March 21, 2013 Report Posted March 21, 2013 Solder one and try it..I want to see . I don't have a crimper or else I would od a direct comparison.. But if you make the soldered one fail before the crimped one I will buy one off ebay immediately . MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
mrd6 Posted March 21, 2013 Report Posted March 21, 2013 Lets have a competition solder vs crimp to see who can do the most terminals in 5 minutes and then hang as much weight as possible from them...i think us crimp guys might win haha My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
SnowDrifter Posted March 21, 2013 Author Report Posted March 21, 2013 Solder one and try it..I want to see . I don't have a crimper or else I would od a direct comparison.. But if you make the soldered one fail before the crimped one I will buy one off ebay immediately . Hey, if I can find a strain gauge someone is willing to loan out, I'll make a soldered cable, put the thing between 2 cars, and pull until either the car's tires spin or it breaks. I've honestly never been able to get any of my connections to break ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
SnowDrifter Posted March 21, 2013 Author Report Posted March 21, 2013 Lets have a competition solder vs crimp to see who can do the most terminals in 5 minutes and then hang as much weight as possible from them...i think us crimp guys might win haha Hahahahaha yeah I think we have a slight advantage. Strip wire, put terminal on, pump a couple times and done. Solder guys: Wait... Crap we're out of propane! ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Chris Hammer Posted March 21, 2013 Report Posted March 21, 2013 That could be a close race because I would cut/strip all my wire. Put 5 lug ends in my vise heat them with my MAP torch and fill each with solder...then go down the line one at a time pushing the cable in after re-heating the lug...it goes pretty fast. I soldered every termination in my truck a few days ago and it didn't take that long if you thought a little bit ahead. In the end the crimp would win still though..unless you messed up. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.