Second Skin Audio

(2) SA 8 V.2 Box Design Help

This will be my first box build. I've got 2 SA 8 V.2s, so a I'll be building a ported box obviously. I want to have the subs facing up towards my back glass (hatchback with open trunk), with the slot port in between them.

I'd like to have it tuned around 32hz. Each sub will be getting roughly 550w RMS from a PPI bk1800.1d

My max dimensions are:

Width: 22.5"

Height: 14"

Depth: 17"

I've got a pretty good idea on what I need to do using the various calculators, but I would really appreciate if someone could do a quick sketchup just so I can get a visual in my head.

Also, when I make the slot port down the middle, do I half the width of the 2 port walls going to each side of the box?

Example: Slot port width is 1.5" on for the first section, then the back two sections (one towards each sub) are .75". Is that correct? Or should the entire length of the port be 1.5"?

Thanks!

Yes, cut port width in half when they split off.

I still use pencil and paper, so I'm afraid I'm not much help with sketch up. Trust yourself, and put the saw to wood. You'll do just fine.

Patiently waiting until 2016...the year in which I likely get to 300 posts... In which then, and only then, will I finally be able to get me some more decaf...

Archived