Second Skin Audio

(2) SA 8 V.2 Box Design Help

question to OP how is that amp working? i just bought a ppi bk650.1 says 650w rms at 1ohm but i have almost no output from the amp unless gain and bass boost turned all the way up

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

Ditch the slot port in the middle and use 2 3" round ports or 2 3" aero ports in place of the slot port since round and aero ports are more efficient.

Do the same thing as the slot in between the subs to trick them into acting as if they were each in their own separate enclosure but sharing a larger common chamber.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Ditch the slot port in the middle and use 2 3" round ports or 2 3" aero ports in place of the slot port since round and aero ports are more efficient.

Do the same thing as the slot in between the subs to trick them into acting as if they were each in their own separate enclosure but sharing a larger common chamber.

This kind of confused me. How do I trick the subs into thinking they're separated using round/aero ports?

The complex way sound waves move around inside the box, the ports will act like a wall and reflect the wave back as if there was a wall there. It also allows you to have a common larger chamber for the pair of subs to use.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Hurry up and get this box built. I also have 2 SA 8's and I need box plans. :D

'01 2DR GMC JimmyPioneer DEH-6300UBMB Quart 6.5'sSoundown Audio SA 8 V2'sMTX RT-202 GONEAudiopipe AP-1800.1D GONE

Bass-less :angry2:

i have a really nice box plan for two sundown sa8s that i just made and am in the beginning of making if youd like to check it out.. its 1.5 cubes common chamber tuned to 28hz with a kerfed port. for an sq build..

Hurry up and get this box built. I also have 2 SA 8's and I need box plans. :D

It's tuned really low. Kind of too low

'01 2DR GMC JimmyPioneer DEH-6300UBMB Quart 6.5'sSoundown Audio SA 8 V2'sMTX RT-202 GONEAudiopipe AP-1800.1D GONE

Bass-less :angry2:

Anyone?

Give max dimesions, I think you can be wider than 22 1/2".

Trust me, 22 1/2" is pushing it. I can go deeper, and taller but I'd rather go deeper before taller.

So if I do aero ports, do I still put them in between the subs? I'm willing to pay someone a little to post a quick design.

Archived