Sundown Audio

Brazilian amps

Bam Bam

I have seen many SD's go up in smoke, many have issues with Stetsom, generally all during streat beat runs. Have heard they kind of put out dirty power and dont like musical set ups, but then again i have seen many do well on crazy musical set ups. I think it is partly user, but some pop on first turn on too. I personally will never run a Brazilian amplifier unless it is given to me.'

also, you need to watch out for what versions certain amps are, some are more temperamental than others even though they are close to the same, something with like the kd and kde series or something like that, i think it is with stetsom. dont quote me on that though.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I have seen many SD's go up in smoke, many have issues with Stetsom, generally all during streat beat runs. Have heard they kind of put out dirty power and dont like musical set ups, but then again i have seen many do well on crazy musical set ups. I think it is partly user, but some pop on first turn on too. I personally will never run a Brazilian amplifier unless it is given to me.'

also, you need to watch out for what versions certain amps are, some are more temperamental than others even though they are close to the same, something with like the kd and kde series or something like that, i think it is with stetsom. dont quote me on that though.

The SD 16KD was much better than the 16KE that came out later (the 16KE was notorious for toasting) and that caused quite a stir since the previous 16K was known to be a decent amp.

I'm gonna hate

I believe the 7KE was also known to be crap compared to the previous 7KD version. FWIW the whole E line was worse than the previous D line since they were cheaper versions of the same amps.

I'm gonna hate

• 5 months later...

Bringing it back.........interested in personal experience with the hd series, the 8k in particular. Do they do well daily with music on good electrical?

My electrical consists of.......Singer 275alt, 2 runs of 4/0 , D3400 up front & 2 xp3000's in the back for now....considering 2 more.

99 Suburban 2wd LS w/5.7L

Alt/wire-Singer 275a w/single 4/0 power & ground

Batts-D3400 (front) & 4 XP3000's (rear)

HU--Pioneer 80prs

Front stage-Morel CAT378/PRV 8", amps-(2) PPI P600.2's

Subs & amplification still to be decided

Bringing it back.........interested in personal experience with the hd series, the 8k in particular. Do they do well daily with music on good electrical?

My electrical consists of.......Singer 275alt, 2 runs of 4/0 , D3400 up front & 2 xp3000's in the back for now....considering 2 more.

The taramps? I'm in for more info too cause I plan on using these next year.

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

yeah they look kinda promising for me too...

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)

Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around

Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4

Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz

Sub Amps: SAZ3k

Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk

About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC....

Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX

Yes, taramps hd8000 or hd10.9

99 Suburban 2wd LS w/5.7L

Alt/wire-Singer 275a w/single 4/0 power & ground

Batts-D3400 (front) & 4 XP3000's (rear)

HU--Pioneer 80prs

Front stage-Morel CAT378/PRV 8", amps-(2) PPI P600.2's

Subs & amplification still to be decided

emailed them about prices, also, they arent .5 ohm stable, and from what they told me they came out with the 2 ohm versions for that reason. prices are pretty damn competitive if you ask me. lets just say the HD4k 2ohm version is in my future instead of an SAZ2.5k, just to try it and see if i like it. tiny amps too. can't wait!

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)

Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around

Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4

Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz

Sub Amps: SAZ3k

Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk

About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC....

Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX

I currently have 2 Taramps in my setup. I will add 2 more by spring. I have played with the amps for some time now. The amps are solid. I have played them at .5 ohms daily for a few months ( on good electric ) and took it like a champ. The amp will make more power on voltage above 12.6 Mechman adjustable voltage module can help with that. The amps are extremely powerful. From what I have found a lot of the horror stories I have heard about any Brazilian amps where due to lack of electric and running at very low ohms. Providing you can stay away this issue I think you would be pleasantly surprised on the performance of these amps.

FYI - I have a 275 amp Mechman alternator and over 625 amp hours in batteries and 3 runs of 1/0 power cable. This is still a little shy of what I should have however it's a better start than most people that have blown these types with less.

"It takes good electric to make great power" 150 amp alternator and 100 amp hour battery will not cut it.

6 Funky Pup 12's

They do very well on music. When use music to demo I have even had a few taps outs.

6 Funky Pup 12's

Archived