Second Skin Audio

pretty sure I blew my btl n2 while under powering it...

DylanBunch

You arent lying about where your gain is set are you?.... And did you tune it by ear?

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

aaron (lem) runs an ns-1 to his 2 n2's. they handle it fine. over twice rated for each, i think.

you blew yours on half rated. you were clipping. enough said.

I still don't see how he blew that sub with that little power, clipped or not it should've been much more difficult to blow it than what the op is describing, my guess is there's other problems involved that led to its death.

edit: is this a 15" or an 18"?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Sometimes i think questions on this forum require more investigations than the First 48.....

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

How does the imp rise tend to behave in over sized enclosures?

Impedence rise wouldnt cause anything bad in this situation, it could cause him to turn his gain up too high to try to compensate, or the volume on his HU

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

well he says he has ground noise. that means theres a signal issue too.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Lower imp rise on bigger boxes than of smaller boxes in most cases's

I bet the alt whine is comming from the coil on your sub being shorted out and inturn shorting your amp giving you that much loved feedback

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I still don't see how he blew that sub with that little power, clipped or not it should've been much more difficult to blow it than what the op is describing, my guess is there's other problems involved that led to its death.

edit: is this a 15" or an 18"?

You can blow a rated 3000 watt sub with as little as 10 clipped watts its not that hard when you got a serious clipped signal

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived