Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Should have gotten a D2 so you can wire to 1ohm.

I'll be running mine off a cerwin vega stroker 1000.1 until I decide what new amp I'm gonna do. Most likely a Sundown SVC 1.5k

I could have done that but i figured everyone else would. Also if i want to run a pair at 1 ohm I couldnt do that with 2 dual 2 ohm subs...

This test was off a P1000X1D 1K at 2 ohms and I plan on putting it in a big box for a 12 so the extra damping will help. I am not worried about box rise.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

Should have gotten a D2 so you can wire to 1ohm.

I'll be running mine off a cerwin vega stroker 1000.1 until I decide what new amp I'm gonna do. Most likely a Sundown SVC 1.5k

maybe he is getting another or the amp is stable to 2 ohm
Posted

I wonder why you got a Dual 4 and I got a Dual 2? Either way I can't wait to get mine going!

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

Posted

Measured out my trunk tonight and started throwing numbers around. I am thinking this is pretty close to what I want to do box wise. Still debating sub and port orientation.

NVXVCW_zps225031db.jpg

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

So of all thses subs...what would you say the MOFO is most similar to in terms of performance?

Posted

So of all thses subs...what would you say the MOFO is most similar to in terms of performance?

It has a softer suspension so it will play lower bass easier but it lacks in higher and quicker bass notes and kick drums in the enclosure I had it in. The cone assembly seems heavy and inefficient with all the extra crap they put on it to try to add strength. If you listen to rap and slowed and boosted music with longer droning bass notes it would be a decent budget woofer to do a build with. If you want a sub that will play all types of music and sound good doing it I wouldn't touch the thing. I mean maybe it would sound better in a big sealed box but I didn't build one for it.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

How big was the box you had it in? What was it tuned to? Did you take any video of it?

Posted

How big was the box you had it in? What was it tuned to? Did you take any video of it?

3 cubes 33hz aeroport and no vids sorry.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

All good. How loud was it compared to the other subs you've listed?

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

The Box build for my NVX VCW 124 has begun. I have no experience with this brand so when I set out to design an enclosure I figured I could give it the best possible chance to perform well by giving it max RMS power in its maximum recommend enclosure volume. Shooting for 2.75 cubes and 34hz tuning I believe I got pretty close. This time around I also enlisted the help of my buddy who's wood working skills are about a 1000 times greater than mine.

At this point the boards have already been ripped and mock up begins.

56967423-CFC6-4FA5-A625-C77EAE57DB87_zps

3 inch port with around 36^2 of port area

3715F35B-DCC9-43C0-8740-ACC874154027_zps

FDA25FCE-0DD1-4ED6-89B1-9945A483E4EB_zps

This box was glued together using Titebond III and tacked with brads to hold shape. Then screwed and all inner seams caulked.

EB43A53E-2E9E-4100-99CD-41709111D615_zps

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1301 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...