Second Skin Audio

Audiopipe TXX BD15 help with box specs

Im wanting to run 1 single 15" in the best ported box i can for daily/loud bass.. mostly rap, so thinking 35 hz or so in an Explorer..the Audiopipe website manual for the sub said 2.5 cubes with displacement and port area already under consideration, but the figures it gave wouldnt have the port going all the way up the side of the box parallel to the sub. idk how the hell i would build it like that. ive had success with Torres calc, but like i said would like some opinions on the specs. Thanks brothers

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

Kicker 5 channel.. only gonna put out 400 RMS@2 ohms, but the sub is DVC 4.. so 400 Rms it shall be for now

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

I would go 3cuft since your using such little power. and around 14sq in of port tuned to 32Hz.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

3 cubes after displacement? and 32 wont be too low for the small setup im running? i do play alot of Screw though, so i can only imagine thatll sound badass

I would go 3cuft since your using such little power. and around 14sq in of port tuned to 32Hz.

i agree wit this also but if you go with a box like this ull have to build a new on if you get a more powerful amp down the road i would say build the big box now so u dont have to later but if you never plan on goin above the 400 lwatts then yes 3 cubes will sufice

i agree wit this also but if you go with a box like this ull have to build a new on if you get a more powerful amp down the road i would say build the big box now so u dont have to later but if you never plan on goin above the 400 lwatts then yes 3 cubes will sufice

Its more a project box than anything.. with that being said, eventually the plan is to go to 2 15"s, and keep upgrading little by little, so this box wont be too permanent. itll be in there a while though, so now i have something else to decide upon lol. now to figure out proper measurements.. does anyone know the sub displacement???

If you have a single 15 on 400 watts and your snapping screws you did something terribly wrong.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm