4 Obsidian 15s walled in a little Saturn

This is a build I had been planning but got caught up with work and school and it slowed me down...but now it is done, thanks to a ton of work by Premierdime on here.. 4 Obsidian 15s @ .5 on a DD m3 in a 2000 Saturn sl1. Polk Coax on a Powerbass 200.2 were already installed as was a 9886. I need to beef up my front stage soon. Stock alt with 2 Enersys Powersafe batts in the rear.

On to the pics

Subs

29d8pdc.jpg

Trying to get the shell figured out

1pw3k0.jpg

Double baffle flush mount

16bzqes.jpg

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

test fitting baffle

2vv8i9z.jpg

had to clamshell the back angle, was a pain in the ass

16bc137.jpg

all joints glassed in, 2x4 bracing

2mp0duc.jpg

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

hell yah man tuned in for this!! :good:

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

95mvt1.jpg

masked off for expanding foam seal off

6ppwl0.jpg

trim panels to hide foam and bracing

2nir2a.jpg

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

I dont know why the pics are coming out different sizes.

Anyways the original plan was 12.5cu @34hz and about 15^2. We hit a ton of unforeseen bumps during construction, so specs changed. Port area ended up being 14^2, we lost volume and increased tuning, my best guess is roughly 11.5cu @38hz. I went to get it metered yesterday with zero tuning done and the best I could muster was 147.8 on music at 34hz, which was dissapointing to say the least. Across the board my numbers were low and this sounds like 50 all day on music. So we starting trouble shooting; I was hitting 8 or 9v on burps and wasnt charging much above 13v. When I hooked my volt meter up, I was actually dropping so low that it was shutting off. So I came home and continued trouble shooting. I was loosing 2v down my power wire; loose connection was the culprit. Now Im back to charging at 14v. and can basically stay above 12v unless Im 100% full tilt. (Stock Alt FTL)...I plan to add a second alt where my AC compressor is being it doesnt work. I'll go re-meter whenever, Im sure it will do 50s as is. Will also get some videos up.

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

Looks good hope to hear it at a show one day but what happen to your team most of them sold off the stuff?

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

Archived